Gearbox Oil topup...

Reaction score
Hey guys. My gearbox hadto be replaced recently, and was leaking oil slightly once it was replaced. This has been dealt with so there's no more gearbox oil leaking. The thing is I'm pretty sure that the oil needs topping up..the transmission just doesn't feel as smooth as it did. Anyway, I just wanna make sure I'm topping up the oil in the right place....In the pic below its the thing on the top left:
18122008355.jpg

And in this pic its central:
18122008354.jpg

Is this the correct place? Any help would be great. I'm planning on doing this today at some point....cheers

I can't be 100% sure as I'm going by memory here but I'm pretty sure that's a bung for a hole which, if removed, you can see your flywheel through. The last thing you want to be pouring down that hole is oil!

It that bung isnt the answer...then your probably look at filling it from the sid e(rather than the top).

It'll be a sqaure-section plug like you would find for draining the engine oil from the sump.

Ive never been down there on my audi...but I've had a few frenchies that needed to be topped up from the plug on the side (this also acts as a level meter - you top it up to the level of the plug).

If you dont want to get dirty rolling around underneath the car...then you can top it up from above using a funnel and a peice of cut garden hose.

Tom

Excellent, boy am I glad I didn't add oil into where i thought it was! Would have been a costly mistake to say the least. Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated...