New A3 Air vents surrounds?

jasew

Reaction score
Ok guys, having sat in a TT today, i noticed that the airvents look the same as in my new A3. My question is, will the TT's nice alloy surround on the vents fit the A3 and if so does anyone know what the part no would be?

cheers, jasew

I know this is quite an old post I have come across whilst searching for "replacing side vents".
Surely the TT vents are all circular, certainly not the same as the S3 8L, so not sure what they are on about in the original post. Anyone know?

Plus I am guesing they simply pop out with a screwdriver as leverage around the side of it?
a couple of the vent strips have broken off and will not stay in position.

I imagine the OP is referring to the 8P A3 range, as they had round vents. Our vents on the 8L do just prise out. Be gentle though. Old plastic these days is brittle!

Reactions: thegoal007
Just got to try and replace one of my air vent from one I purchased from Ebay. Simple enough I thought, remove the old one unplug and replace with the other. Boy was I wrong as you try and pull out the old one your restricted as the wire does not seem long enough to make this job a simple one. Why do these manufactures pick up on these small detail as they are building them and pass the knowledge up to build later models tha tlittle bit better/easier for the engineers. So the connector wires must be behind or underneath the dash.