Jubilee Clip Removal

bl_1969

Roads? We Dont Need Roads!!!!
Reaction score
Anybody got any good tips for jubilee clip removal?

I have done them before but I guess I have been lucky! I just cant budge one, it is on tight tight tight to a hose and I just cant get any free space to loosen it.

I was at it for an hour last night and needless to say there were a few choice words shouted at said clip :wtf:

Please help!

Oh, and there are two types in my engine bay, one type is the jubilee clip with the screw that is so easy to remove.

The second is the one I am stuck with (though I have removed a couple before), the one where it is crimped on and is basically a one time use clip.

you need a small flat blade driver to prize it open mate, either that or long nosed pliers to pick at the two lil prongs

A bit of preservation and it’ll come off. I replaced my N75 valve the other day and only had some rubbish cheap pliers which are now blunt.

What I did was loosen the clip by working away at the strip which eventually prises open. I think a small flat head screwdriver would have helped me but I didn’t think of that at the time…

Be careful not to snip the hose as you force it off.

Got it guys! WooHoo :)

As you say, a bit of persaverance. Spent an hour and a half last night an all!

Cheers all, the flat head did it. I was just using pliers and a star shap last night. Used star shape before but as I said, guess I was just lucky.

I replaced the crimp ones with screw type ones :o.k:

Cheers again! :respekt: