Big Turbo s3 info HAVE YOUR SAY!

yours should spool up nice then!

you using jabbas ihi manifold?

Did you enjoy the blast last night? Great to meet up
Sam(aka backdraft staker :sign_omg:)

speak to APS mate, stay clear of backdraft, in all honesty i dont think many people no what they are doing with the s3 above 400bhp. Maybe only jbs but even they are suspect!

Full Jabba owens kit:hubbahubba:
How much did it set u back and did that include install costs? I have an A4 at the mo but looking to get S3 and go big turbo w stronger internals etc. Very interested in knowing what uve done and with who/where, costs etc?

Can you not map the n75? Nobody else needs manual boost controller :hubbahubba::wtf:

The N75 will limit you to 1.3bar at the top end no matter what the requested boost is. Been there, tried it, and moved on to an MBC to get what I needed.

I think Simch sums it all up perfectly. Can't really add anything, other than if I were to do it all again, I'd stick to a hybrid K04 or go all out for 400bhp+ and change the gearbox and everything else. The typical 330bhp options are a bit of a dissapointment once you're used to it.

I see that 350BHP(ish) is the max safe limit on standard internals, but was wondering whats the max BHP limit for a useable everyday car thats as lag free as possible.
Any thoughts/suggestions?

speak to APS mate, stay clear of backdraft, in all honesty i dont think many people no what they are doing with the s3 above 400bhp. Maybe only jbs but even they are suspect!

i agree with you on that, i havent heard much good feedback about backdraft, mostly complaints, they dont seem to have many happy customers,

Worth speaking to Jabba too, theyve done quite a few 1.8T's with over 400bhp.

:s3addict: iv got hold of a backdraft turbo kit..:superman: 350+bhp

it was fitted to a tt 225..

its a gt2860rs -5001s ball bearing turbo 0.86 AR

a complete kit including 550cc injectors..:arco:

as im a machanic but work on heavy goods vehicles i want to fit it myself & want to know whats involved!!

is it more or less straight forward or requires alot of mods for clearances??:drag:

all your help would be great..:blackrs4:

Speak to backdraft direct. I wouldn't expect any major mods. It's a kit after all. They would have designed it to hopefully have a quick turnaround.

As far as big power goes, its always great to have as much as you can, but you do want it useable

Im running 350bhp an its plenty for road use and loosing your licence quickly, doesnt let you down on the track and I use it everyday for work/moving houses/trip tips etc and its 100% useable

I have gt2871 on my 20vt Quattro, mike from jabba mapped it!
it dyno at 362hp kicks in at 3.5k, I also used jabbas T25 exhaust manifold good bit of kit.
genesis 550 injectors
pro alloys intercooler
3' full stainless from pipeporx
std ME7 ecu!
water pump ceased and trashed stock head so it an excuse for me to go compound setup!
it'll be the long hall as its not cheap! the first setup cost me k5
mind you am selling my turbo, mani and injectors its done 30k!

Reactions: Gops, Sam_, StaceyS3 and 1 other person