Expansion tank

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
Hi!! just ordered a new expansion tank i really can't beleive my ears.... £11inc vat for new tank including the sensor which we know is built in....and from the stealers...bargain or what!!

what have you lot paid for these? i assumed they would be around the £30 mark

...nice one Tim. I'm going to order one, mine's a bit grubby

temp warning coming on in the mornings...my old A3 did it and now this one has started.... thought best to change it as is quite annoying when it beeps in your ear hole at 7am...

all done and fitted, trouble is i now have an almost full bottle of G12 plus plus.... how will i ever use that!!

was easy enough, bit tight getting the bottom pipe off and the clip with undersized pliers...... just hope it stops the warning light like ive been told it will.... although it looks like two prongs for the level sensor.....cant really see how they could have stopped working!!

downside was i had to break the plastic engine cover as the screw just wouldnt undo!! gonna have to buy another now unless anyone has one roaming about?

Had the same problem, but I just scrapped the gunk off of the metal prongs inside the tank, but then I always prefer the path of least resistance:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=62379

I was amassed at how much crap came off when I kept on it, surely they could have developed a better way to do all this, so there is no build up?