Brighter/Whiter Headlamps

emzino

Reaction score
Hi all.

Gfs got a 51 reg A3 1.6 but needs an upgrade on brighter/whiter (PIAA etc) bulbs.

As far as I know can tell, there the projector type. It looks exactly like this:

frontsealant.jpg

It's that inner main bulb that I would like to be replaced. Whats that type of bulb that I need to get the brighter/whiter look (law permitting of course).

Thanks in advance

i went for H1 Philips Blue Vision for these. I read some reviews and they give good reviews along with PIAA bulbs but PIAA seem to be a lot more expensive.

They are better than cheap bulbs and give a whiter beam but you arent going to get a HID look tbh

yep HID's are probably the way to go but couldnt be bothered with the legal aspect of it. Ive seen reports of many aftermarket kits being illegal beam patters etc, and you will need headlight washers in your bumper to be fully compliant iirc.

yea HIDs are too much of a hassle. Would require headlamp washers etc and MOTs etc. She only wants them to be abit brighter/whiter looking like my Xenons.

Thanks for your help though guys, gonna get some H1s =)

You might want to check out Höen Xenon match bulps... They're white and look excactly like HID's

i got the Philips extreme jobs, much better

Arent xenons HID? :think:

If not whats the difference between them?

Arent xenons HID? :think:

If not whats the difference between them?

Yes Xenon are the same as HID's.

I've tried the philips extreme white and osram nightbreaker...none of them were white! Höen bulbs ARE white...