G12 and G12 PLUS PLUS

metricspaces

Reaction score
Hi, I currently have the pink G12 coolant in my car.

Does anyone know if you can mix G12 PLUS PLUS coolant with G12 coolant?

Also, does anyone know what the difference is between G12 and G12 PLUS PLUS?

Yes you can, although G12 will not mix with anything else so may be worthwhile flushing the system and refilling it with G12+. I it's just for topping up, then G12+ will be fine to top up with. I use a 50/50 mix in my car.

Yes you can, although G12 will not mix with anything else so may be worthwhile flushing the system and refilling it with G12+. I it's just for topping up, then G12+ will be fine to top up with. I use a 50/50 mix in my car.

If G12 will not mix with anything else, and I have G12 already in, how can I top up with G12 plus plus?

I should have worded that better, G12 will mix with G12+, but not with anything else...

Ok, I'm confused now.

I have G12 in my car. I want to top it up. I have some G12 Plus Plus...can I put the G12 Plus Plus in to top it up? Or do I need to get some G12?

This place here is selling G12 Plus Plus
and they are saying
Suitable as a "filled-for-life" solution for all types of engines, G12 Plus can be mixed with the products G11, G12 and the earlier G12 Plus.

Use the G12++ to top it up with, it will mix with no problems!

I clicked on your link above link and the website page also says it will mix with G12, G12+ and G12++.

Cool. Just wanted to be sure!

I read somewhere also that you shouldn't use normal tap water in the coolant system...but instead you should use distilled water. Is this correct?

It's supposedly better to use distilled water but I have never had any problems using plain ol' tap water. Infact, I've never seen any garage use distilled water so it should be fine.

I suppose if your're flushing the system out and want to use distilled water it wouldn't be too expensive, just gotta remember to top up using the same though!