Shine A Little Light Please People!!!!

Add7

Reaction score
Right...If anyone can help me i would be very gratefull!

I bought an A3 1.8ts about 3 weeks ago and at first it was great, i would pull away then the turbo would kick in and i would really feel it.

Then....it started to hesitate and the boost would be intermittient. So i replaced the, What i think was the Diverter Valve (a bosh one, which is at the top back of the engine?)...and now the car is alot smoother but i cant feel the turbo kick in like it was? and i dont think its because ive got used to it. cos you just know when it used to kick in.

Would a faulty diverter valve make the turbo over boost? which would explain the car pulling so much at first?

Please help, i dont wanna waste my money paying for a rolling road test? by the way does anyone know how much this is?

Thanks For any input

Adam

Adam,

You really need VAG-COM or something so that you can check for fault codes. Could be any number of things. Check the wires going to the N75 valve for splits or anything like that. Could also me a MAF problem!

Rich

ok thanks people for your help!

"N75 calve" whats this and where? sorry

[ QUOTE ]
Audi A3 1.8TS said:
ok thanks people for your help!

"N75 valve" whats this and where? sorry

[/ QUOTE ]

The N75 valve is near the DV. Its a brass colored thing with 3 hoses attaching to it and a plug with a couplf of wires. Check this is attrached properly. Pull the rubber boot from over the plug and make sure both the wires are fully intact and arent making a dodgy connection.

Rich

ok cool...thanks for your time. i will check this!!