3"downpipe and 200cell sports cat

HODD

Reaction score
Ok my last post didn't go too well due to me over reacting to some replys, sorry but my car has been off the road developing this stuff at a good price and it was getting frustrating driving the diesel estate!

Anyway the manifolds are still in progress as i'm not happy with the flow.
The down pipe and sports cat are done and are made from t304 stainless then polished to a chrome finish, I believe the build quailty to be very good on par with pipeworx, I don't have the final cost yet but wondered who would be interested in a group buy, you would pay the company direct and they would ship to you.
I will post pics up tonight as the delivery arrived as I was leaving for work.

Thanks
Jason

Thoughts and comments taken on:salute:

Can't give prices at the moment, as I only recieved them this morning I will no in a few days, I'm guessing about 350-400 quid.

IMG_3688.jpg

IMG_3689.jpg

Wow! £400 for a DP and sports cat is extremely cheap!

Sorry for being stupid but neither of those looks like a cat to me, the one with the flexi pipe in looks like the DP to me, and the other just a cat bypass?? What am i missing??

Also you say there's a chance a mani will come soon too? Is that far off?

Great work anyway, that's just what we needed....Someone to take it upon themselves to sort something like this out as there are to many places out there willing to take £1000+ off us for somthing like this!! :icon_thumright:

looks like a good bit of kit, must agree on the cat looks like its not even there you sure its in there lol

It does look a bit like a bypass pipe Jason, lools well made though mate.

I will sort out a picture of inside the cat section to show you there is a cat in there, its not the fexy part its the other one.

This is one of the manifolds, the one that is ready, the equal lenght one is still being worked on as I wasn't happy with some of the bends they were too sharp and affected flow.

IMG_3692.jpg

To be honest this manifold is no good, I have told them there is no point making this and to concerntrate on the equal lenght one.

Would these fit on an S3?

I need to get my car up on the ramps to find out if it's my cat or one of the silencers which is blocked but if it proves to be the cat then I may well be interested in one of these sets, especially at that sort of price. The Miltek sports cat is over £600!

these are ONLY for an S3 Andy, due to the side exit downpipe of the ko4 turbo.

I guess they should also fit a leon cupra R or TT, but basicly, they're for the ko4'd 20vt engines.

look good too, the cat looks very small, but if it's 200cel I guess it'll work just fine!

Having met Jason, he's a top bloke, and seems to know his stuff, so I'd be sure you trust the quality of these bits too....

The cat does look at bit small compared to my pipeworx one, but have been informed it is 200 cell.

lol an mot tester would look at that and go..."there no cat".

So long as the car passes the emissions test, it doesnt matter how big or small it is.

think the manifold spoiles a nice little package, be good to see the new manifold though as definently worth a thought when i up grade in future

That manifold is not going to be available, as I don't see the point in selling those when you could buy an equal lenght one for a few quid more.

For now it's just a case of seeing who wants the down pipe and sports cat, These should be ready for dispatch in a couple of weeks once I have a price.

id have one but not just yet

I wouldnt want to buy from the first batch as would want to be sure it was a decent fitment and no rubbing on the subframe etc.

Also interested what the noise level would be like.

They won't be sold until I have test fitted and had power runs done to see if there are any benifits.

From what i have read on this forum before the only thing thats restricive on the standard exhaust is the downpipe. The standard cats (unless blocked) are not, or the rest of the system for that matter. I suppose it depends on what your after with regards to a different exhaust note, but you will not see any power increase unless you have you car put on the rollers where you bought your exhaust from , if you know what i mean.:rolleyes: Looks pretty though.:drool:

From what i have read on this forum before the only thing thats restricive on the standard exhaust is the downpipe. The standard cats (unless blocked) are not, or the rest of the system for that matter. I suppose it depends on what your after with regards to a different exhaust note, but you will not see any power increase unless you have you car put on the rollers where you bought your exhaust from , if you know what i mean.:rolleyes: Looks pretty though.:drool:

I think this is for people who are looking to upgrade to the JBS KO5 or other Turbos, not for people with the standard set up, so both the DP and cat are needed to get a decent gain..

I'd be interested in the down pipe as it should give a noticeable difference even on a standrd set up!

I'm pestering them for a price, but don't have one yet.

I would take a downpipe and cat, however i need one for a K03S turbo on an AGU A3 - this isnt going to fit mine is it!?

I have PM'd you, but for those with the k03 it won't work i'm afraid.

How's this going?

I'm looking at the Blueflame 3" downpipe and sports cat, along with a Supersprint cat back system.

these parts almost look the same as xs power parts, the welds and metal look the same, what grade steel is being used to make the mani, and i also had a decat and 3" downpipe on my old s3 and didnt notice any gains what so ever, made it roar a bit more, if there was a increase i didnt notice, felt a bit laggy'er down on bottum end revs if anything, and my s3 had a mrc map, miltek cat back, 3" downpipe and miltek de cat, forge tip, forge fmic, and loads of other little bits and bobs, the only thing it didnt have was a mani,

Hows this going? Seems to have gone quite!