Numberplate light bulb type

these are the ones i bought and have in mine atm,
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=280295409695

189a20580.jpg

did buy these, after reading this post most said 42mm,
but were way too big for mine, :unsure:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=270315824525

newfestoon.jpg

Are these any good guys ?

i dunno weather they are worth £14 quid

newfestoon.jpg

Are these any good guys ?

i dunno weather they are worth £14 quid

Theyre the ones I bought, going well so far! And Ive just put my road legal pressed plates on too, sets the car off nicely now!

they are the ones i ordered from ultraleds along with the side lights,legal metal plates are next think ill order them next week,think i seen a link further up this thread

be warned, a slight chaviness comes as standard with these bulbs..... and WILL guarantee some boy racer trying to pinch your **** whilst on the move

be warned, a slight chaviness comes as standard with these bulbs..... and WILL guarantee some boy racer trying to pinch your **** whilst on the move

haha am used to it i previously ovned several subarus!!

anyone fitted LED stop/tail lights, if so do they bring up buld failure alarms on the DIs?

cheers

Mine had them fitted already when i bought it,never had any bother.

Just ordered some of these of ultraleds, they are quite expensive but the only reason i went for these ones over the other cheaper ones with the free p&p is the fact that they have 12 led's and not 6 like the others, so i presume they are brighter??

Anyone know what type the boot ones are as both mine are blown, well i presume so, i hope it's nothing else.. so need to get some nice new ones!

put my numberplate ones in today very tight fit i had to cut the clips to slot them in. Looks very nice now tho

which ones did you get peakey. i didnt have to do any cutting or anything.

mine were a chuff to fit so can see why you cut the prongs...although they will go in without cutting, you just need to apply the correct force

mine came in post today along with the side light bulbs, prob be the weekend befor i get round to fitting them,heard the side lights are a bit fiddly so i am prepared to lose some skin off me knuckles lol

Hi All ,

all these led's are made in china , hong kong etc ,

so dont waste your money buying them for stupid prices

get them from here X 2 Festoon bulbs 8 led's for only £3.22 inc P&P

as long as you dont mind waiting a week or so ...

i know loads of people that have bought these and compard to the ones here and they are the same and last the same :)

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5526

sku_5526_1.jpg

yeah they are much cheaper mate are people using these,shame i just paid £12 for the 2,do these have a resistor fitted like the ones some of us have bought??

I reckon about a month or so now since I fitted all mine... about that amount of time. Pure loving them!

How long they meant to last for?

I done as follows...
Sidelights
Number plate
Vanity mirrors
Main int
Map lights front and back
Glove compartment

Just need to order two more for the boot and job is a good'un!

opps, and puddle lights got done too

thats some serious led's mate, must have cost you a few quid!

mine has them in the foot wells do they have lights as standad there?

you dont need the resistor for our car's !

yeah they are much cheaper mate are people using these,shame i just paid £12 for the 2,do these have a resistor fitted like the ones some of us have bought??

Well IIRC the 8L doesnt need resistors as there are no bulb warnings on the dash for these bulbs.

But i believe a decent set of bulbs and/or resistors would be better in the long run because on the fluctuating current going to the bulbs can cause problems.

The problem is its all different experiences - some swear by cheap, some say they blow and some say you should wire inline resistors.

I have the ones posted above with all the fitments and a board of LED's and IMO are perfect for the numberplate lights as you get maximum light which all fits in nicely.

BTW im an amateur at electronics

The ones that everyone has bought are from china ,

all of them are made there so people thinking there's will last longer its not true ...

Anyway they all do the same job ...

Well IIRC the 8L doesnt need resistors as there are no bulb warnings on the dash for these bulbs.

But i believe a decent set of bulbs and/or resistors would be better in the long run because on the fluctuating current going to the bulbs can cause problems.

The problem is its all different experiences - some swear by cheap, some say they blow and some say you should wire inline resistors.

I have the ones posted above with all the fitments and a board of LED's and IMO are perfect for the numberplate lights as you get maximum light which all fits in nicely.

BTW im an amateur at electronics

any chance between all of us,
we can make a sticky post with
whats bulbs the s3 takes?
as a quick refference guide?

:) :thumbsup:

I fitted mine from ultraleds yesterday, well one of them, for some unknown reason the right hand side one just won't work with the led lights in, it just about works with the normal light in, it's a bit flickery, i think the connections might have corroded a bit and it just cant force enough juice through to power up the led's.
I'll get in there when i have some more time and daylight.

But anyway they are great!! really bright, 12 little led's on a little board which plugs into the dummy bulb with the resistor in it....really is a five min job, unless you run into probs like me..

My mate has decided he wants some after seeing mine

trouble is hes got a m3 anyone know if its the same ones as the s3

Hi all ,

i got some led festoons i tried to fit in the back of the number plate lights but they where to big i had to bend the metal and now the normal bulbs wont work very well just keep going off . Does anyone one know how to resolve this or to get a replacement bulb holder for the rear plates ?:wacko:

Got to your local Audi dealer, they are £12 for both number plate light lenses.

The problem with these lights they dont cover the whole plate like the normal festoons they leave a patch of darkness on the plate ?

any one wanting legal metal plates go here

http://www.dubmeister.co.uk/