S3 Induction kit

Bhav

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone reccomend an induction kit for an 2003 Audi S3 as am dont really like the K&N or green cone systems?

Thanks

B:thumbsup:

Hello and Welcome to the site

Hey B, welcome to the site...

You might get a better answer on the A/S3 forum, but just for info, not many people change the air filters on the S3, as the ones that are already fitted on the car, the standard one is more than capable of handling the power it puts out and a lot more. Also, heard the oil from the filters can cause major issues with the maf, so might not be worth changing it. Any reason why you want to change it???

Cheers
Nilz

I asked the same sort of question here...I know it's for the later model but there may be something of use in the replies there.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=63840

The general consensus seesm to be that the Forge Induction kits and similar are best for moving large amounts of cool air,but also the most expensive and potentially difficult to fit as well as the noise aspect.

I wanted to keep mine reasonably quiet as I've had a couple of cars with large cone filter systems before and the noise can be quite intrusive.

If you've substantially increased the power,a good system would be worth considering,but otherwise probaly not.