Badger5AH Fabrications
    2nd Gear

Status

Anyone with Bose in Cambridge?

Hi,
    I seem to have some distortion coming from my sub when playing certain kinds of low frequency music. But to distinguish whether it is a design flaw or a defect with my subwoofer drivers, I need to listen to someone elses.

Anyone in the Cambridge area with Bose, kind enough to let me have a listen to their stereo with some of my offending music? (Not that my music is offensive, if you know what I mean).

Cheers,
    Glen
    Work commute:
    Honda CBR 1000RR
    169 kg & 170 bhp - eeek!

Backdraft Big Turbo Silver S3, Supersprint, Eibach lowered, QST rear tiebars, SPA boost gauge Sold
    Lotus Elise 111R also Sold

Wanted: Honda powered Lotus Elise S2

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Have a look at the centre screw on the front of the Bose sub. This is one of many weak points on the tupperware enclosure and I've seen quite a few that have been overtightened and cracked the side of the enclosure causing the sub to fart more than normal:

If it is blowing air out of this part then you can repair it, but you need to take the sub out, araldite the inside of the cracked part, then when dry do NOT overtighten the screw. Could also do with sealing the front panel with some silicone which wouldn't hurt.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

***** rent boy

Status
    I'm not in Cambridge, but if you're ever in London or the South East let me know and you can have my Bose setup because, for a 'premium' sound system, it really is a bag of ****e. To say I was disappointed when I first heard it would be an understatement.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMac View Post
    Have a look at the centre screw on the front of the Bose sub. This is one of many weak points on the tupperware enclosure and I've seen quite a few that have been overtightened and cracked the side of the enclosure causing the sub to fart more than normal:

If it is blowing air out of this part then you can repair it, but you need to take the sub out, araldite the inside of the cracked part, then when dry do NOT overtighten the screw. Could also do with sealing the front panel with some silicone which wouldn't hurt.
    Thanks for the pointer, Andy. I'll have a look at it.
    The sub is ok for most kind of music, its just for the really heavy stuff, it distorts quite badly.
    Work commute:
    Honda CBR 1000RR
    169 kg & 170 bhp - eeek!

Backdraft Big Turbo Silver S3, Supersprint, Eibach lowered, QST rear tiebars, SPA boost gauge Sold

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by golf View Post
    I'm not in Cambridge, but if you're ever in London or the South East let me know and you can have my Bose setup because, for a 'premium' sound system, it really is a bag of ****e. To say I was disappointed when I first heard it would be an understatement.
    Hi golf,
    Have you taken your bose out?

Cheers,
    Glen
    Work commute:
    Honda CBR 1000RR
    169 kg & 170 bhp - eeek!

***** rent boy

Status
    Glen, I haven't taken the Bose out, but if I keep the car for longer than a few months I might do. I was expecting a lot more from it to be honest, the standard system in my 2001 A4 is better sounding to my ears.

However compared to the system in the R32 the S3 Bose is amazing though. For a top of the range model it is appalling.