Blackcircles... Anyone used them??

jimbo_123

Reaction score
Quick question....
Left my house this morning only to find the rear offside tyre is deflated.... probably a puncture :mad:
Anyway looking to quotes for the new tryes now in order to get them fitted tomorrow.

As the title says can someone tell me the standard Avus tyre size... thought it was 225/45/17?? If someone could confirm that would be cool!

Anyone used these guys before http://www.blackcircles.com/

Cheers!

Yes that's the correct size. I've used blackcircles, but your best bet is to select the fitted option on their web site and then see who they recommend in your area. Then call them up direct and they will supply & fit even cheaper than the blackcircles price. I now use a local independent fitter recommended by blackcircles, who is excellent and about 15% cheaper than them. He gets me 225/40/18 F1's for £99 per corner. You should be able to get your 17's for around £82 fitted.

Cheers mate I may well do that!
You recommend the Goodyear Eagle F1's then?
I see they're up for £91 a corner on the site all be it 17's when yours were 18's.

Ive got Vanli (think that's what they're called) at the moment on the rears - on the car when I bought it. Not the best trye so I guess its probably a good excuse to renew

Yes highly recommended, or the new F1 Asymmetrics which are supposed to be even better although not as cool looking and slightly more expensive. I'd get them all done if you can as I've never heard of the milli vanilli brand you have on the rears!

haha, yeah neither had I until I bought the car earlier in the year.
Was planning on getting both rears done anyway as have Continental sport contacts up front.
Ive found a local tyre fitter through the site so will give them a call to see they can do me a deal!

Cheers again for your help on this, much appreciated

Yep go for the Goodyear f1s and i used blackcircles to sell me tyres not fitted and was best price i could find even cheaper that local suppliers and that included shipping to shetland Isles delivery time was acceptable as well

I think that has more to do with your location than the competitiveness of BC pricing. I'm guessing there's not too much competition on the shetlands

Thanks for the tip AndyMac!
When I spoke to the local tyre fitter (as recommended on the BC site) I said I got their details from the BC site and they under cut the site and got them for £87 a corner fitted - result!

Nice one. They are generally really good fitters as well, they actually care unlike the scabby yoots you tend to get in the high street franchises

Yeah the guy I was speaking with on the phone knew his stuff and seemed quite sound.
Speaking of high street franchises, I looked on the web site of a "certain one" and they wanted £138 for exactly the same tyre.... can't believe people get sucked in and pay these sort of prices!

The Kwik Fit down the road from us is always packed out with idiots handing over god knows how much money to help pay for the franchise and TV ads!
Before I found this forum, I used to have to spend a couple of hours everytime I needed tyres, shopping around for the best prices. Kwik Fit were the worst by a mile, £189 IIRC for an F1 225/40/18, nearly twice the price. Unbelievable.

yeah there are 4 companys fitting tyres in shetland one is ATS well known company, but i also checked companys in aberdeen as i can ship stuff up very easily and blackcircles were still best price and delivery as they stock what you need

shetland aint so out of touch you know