Recommended roof rack for a 2001 5dr T Sport ???

Antony 171008

Reaction score
Good Morning All

Apologies for such a :gaehn: thread but I need to source a good roof rack that will fit my recently purchased 5 dr, 2001 A3 T Sport (without leaving any scratches/damage behind after removal!!!). 'Thule' and 'Mont Blanc' racks come up on internet searches but I haven't any idea if they're any good.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance :beerchug:.

Antony

Cant help much with roof rack, but if you wanted a bike rack the "Thule clip on high" is the best on the market...

Thule make excellent products from my experience

I have a genune audi one and it is great to use, very easy. BUT it does leave a patch after removal. Patch easily removed with some polish :)

Thanks for your replies benr & abdus. I'll contact audi and ask for the part number I need, then compare with the Thule Rapid System standard bars.
Incidentally, I almost bought the Thule Rapid System Aero bars (which, being aluminium, match the silver finish of the car) until I found that the shape of the bars requires that adaptors are required when fitting other attachments such as bike racks.

Thanks once again :beerchug:.

Antony

I could be wrong but i always thought the genuine bars were made by Thule. Im sure they were on my mates gen A6 bars.