Volks AutosEM Tuning
    2nd Gear

Status

confirm or deny something for me please.

If you upgrade the flexi brake hoses to braided ones do you need to do all of them to get a benefit ?
    also are ther 4 of them or 6 on the S3 ?

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Do you get any benefit at all? I just thought they were to cope with higher fluid temps and more pressure when you upgrade the calipers, i would assume unless you do track days and cook your brakes you don't need to upgrade them for the road?? could be wrong though!!

tel
    4x4 junkie

Status
    you only benifit from a fimer pedal feel as the braided lines dont swell under pressure you would need to change them all tho ive just fitted a set to my range rover it has stiffened the pedal up a fair bit

6th Gear

Status
    Agreed with tel, I changed 6 hoses on my old MKII Golf GTI (4x brakes, 2x rear bias valve - not sure if the A3 has them, I'm sure someone will confirm though!).

The difference was pedal feel being firmer and a little less travel. The process of doing it also makes it easier to renew the brake fluid but the only negative side of it is you can't clamp the hoses up if you remove any of the calipers in future or you will end up damaging the line. Use the plastic end caps that come with the hoses, I found that out after I had chucked them away...

HTC
    6th Gear

Status
    Pretty sure the standard hoses are braided under the rubber on the s3 (according to c&r enterprises) so you might not feel any gains at all.

2nd Gear

Status
    i believe the rear ones are.

I asked about getting the fronts changed and was told i would need all 6 doing (or at least that is what was reccomended) at a cost of 160 inc fitting just for the front 2 + middle 2

HTC
    6th Gear

Status
    Sounds right. I know you can't clamp the rears when working on them due to damage. Fronts I've clamped in the past without issue.

jcb
    6th Gear

Status
    OEM is braided but not steel IIRC.
    you will feel an immediate stiffening of pedal and it will stay like that even when brakes are melting things around them.
    the OEM rubber only gets softer when hot

just done all mine with Goodridge Motorsport items, reusable and servciable fittings. (and yes no point doing 4 of 6, you need it the same all the way through)

2nd Gear

Status
    ok thanks for the help guys first time dealing with this company, wanted to make sure i wasnt being led down the path so to speak.

James.