confirm or deny something for me please.

Effect

Reaction score
If you upgrade the flexi brake hoses to braided ones do you need to do all of them to get a benefit ?
also are ther 4 of them or 6 on the S3 ?

Do you get any benefit at all? I just thought they were to cope with higher fluid temps and more pressure when you upgrade the calipers, i would assume unless you do track days and cook your brakes you don't need to upgrade them for the road?? could be wrong though!!

you only benifit from a fimer pedal feel as the braided lines dont swell under pressure you would need to change them all tho ive just fitted a set to my range rover it has stiffened the pedal up a fair bit

Agreed with tel, I changed 6 hoses on my old MKII Golf GTI (4x brakes, 2x rear bias valve - not sure if the A3 has them, I'm sure someone will confirm though!).

The difference was pedal feel being firmer and a little less travel. The process of doing it also makes it easier to renew the brake fluid but the only negative side of it is you can't clamp the hoses up if you remove any of the calipers in future or you will end up damaging the line. Use the plastic end caps that come with the hoses, I found that out after I had chucked them away...

Pretty sure the standard hoses are braided under the rubber on the s3 (according to c&r enterprises) so you might not feel any gains at all.

i believe the rear ones are.

I asked about getting the fronts changed and was told i would need all 6 doing (or at least that is what was reccomended) at a cost of £160 inc fitting just for the front 2 + middle 2

OEM is braided but not steel IIRC.
you will feel an immediate stiffening of pedal and it will stay like that even when brakes are melting things around them.
the OEM rubber only gets softer when hot

just done all mine with Goodridge Motorsport items, reusable and servciable fittings. (and yes no point doing 4 of 6, you need it the same all the way through)

IMAG0277.jpg

IMAG0276.jpg

ok thanks for the help guys first time dealing with this company, wanted to make sure i wasnt being led down the path so to speak.

James.