Anyone running a N75 J valve on mapped S3?

fran-s3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just curious how your getting on with it?

have alook in the stickies at the top of the page.... star performance testing, all you need to know in there

Cheers looked at star performances website and couldn't see it anything about it... You running one?

nope at the top of the forum page fella.... it was conducted at Star, the testing is written up on the forum.....

Im not running one as it messes with generic maps, unless you have a custom map id leave it alone as it plays around with the wastegate settings i beleive (or something like that).... it can also send your car into limp mode, you wont know till you fit whether your car will be affected.... some people have noticed improvements...but no guarantees

i recently fitted one with no limp mode but i have a 2000 apy s3 so probably the ecu is more flexible then the bam engines,
the boost on mine incrased 1-2 psi but it holds peak boost higer and boost tails off less then with the standard n75 valve
however recently my car has been doing some wiered like stalling feeling when crusing at 30mph in 5th as if the cars power has just cut off, but my thermostat is also sticking open i belive, so im waiting for the new one to come then once the thermosat is fitted i might be able to eliminate the n75j if all back to normal

i got my info from CC on this, im no expert but they basically said that the N75J just 'messes' with their maps....

might take it off anyway if the problem isnt sorted with the thermostat, wait and see if i get a jbs k05 turbo and custom re-mapp then see about having it mapped in

Thanks guys, hmm yeah I've read mixed reviews. I had the H 'racing valve' but it was far to violent in the way of boost, and tailed off far to early so I sold it. Never hit limp mode with it though.

May 'bite and see' - have a contact in VW Parts so I'll be able to get it at trade, so worth a punt.

just taken mine off today, lost well over 3 psi though but power delivery is smother and less laggish then with the 75j valve but i would like to see if it would make much difference having a custom map to run the 75j valve as if it was mapped properly i think it would be a really good mod for extra bhp and torque, as it definatly gave better power but the drive was compramised and at the end of the day id prefer to loose that extra bit of power for the better drive

the reason i said about the custom map was because thats what Glen had when he tested his J valve...id approach CC myself.... will ask next time i go over if it would make a difference when customising the map