S3 oil temp and pressure connections

MattT795

Reaction score
Hi was just wondering if any one knew where i could get a connection plate that is fitted with the oil filter so i can connect an oil temp gauge and oil pressure gauge, or any other way i can connect them, thanks any help will be appreciated,

its for an audi s3 2002

matt

not sure about a sandwhich plate and if you could get one im unsure if you will have enough room for the fitment of the sensors, i have an oil pressure gauge and custom made a join that bolts in as an extended banjo bolt then took a lead pipe from it as for splitting it for two out puts im unsure again, why do you want the oil temp gauge??? the pressure is more neccasary

The only reason i opted for oil pressure and oil temp is that i could only find an a pillar with three pods lol, the other is boost, i know you can get a sump plug adapter but they only come with one connection

The only reason i opted for oil pressure and oil temp is that i could only find an a pillar with three pods lol, the other is boost, i know you can get a sump plug adapter but they only come with one connection
why not custom make a piller pod

I would disagree with that,knowing the oil temp is just as important as pressure.
ok i agree it is but not for the purpose of a road going car, the pressure gauge id say is important on the 1.8t engine as the oil pump seems to give greath but your unlikely to be able to push the car for such a time your likely to cause the oil to over heat, you can gauge an idea as to when the oil is up to a decent temp as the pressure will stabilise at 2 bar when oil is up to running temp,

i could do but iv already bought the a pillar and the gauges lol, just the last step of actually gettin them both connected now

think id have to advise against this as it looks like the take offs for the gauge lines is going to end up going very low as the sump pan on the 1.8t engine is very low and the last thing you want to do is rip off an oil line that is there to warn you off any problems not give you any, ill look into if there will be room for a similar set up i have for my single oil presure gauge and if there would be a way i could make up a twin take off ill get a price together for you

yeh i must admit i had thought that, that would be great if u could, where is ur sensor situated at the moment?

having thought about the way i have fitted mine im not sure how good it will work with your temperature sensor as the oil will not be flowing across or through the pipe line it stops at the sender unit, i have taken pics of mine today and think i could modify it to take two outlets if you are willing to give it a go as it might work all ok as it will still work but just the temperature readings may be not as acurate as if you were to be able to T straight into the block but this is probably going to be your easiest way of installing the senders, as i have already found out

011.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

if you look under the plastic trim below the dipstick you should be able to see the oil filter then above that is the pipe that goes into the filter housing it should have a torx head on the bolt and is a banjo bolt that screws the pipe to the housing this is te bolt i modifed to make my set up

i see what you mean about the oil temp might not read correctly, could always use a sump adapter for the oil temp and use ur way for the pressure, how much would u want to knock one of them up for me?

need to find out some prices then ill get back to you probably some time next week ill let you no

do you have any pics of your senders etc and do you no the thread on the senders????

i have brought the banjo bolt from audi yesterday which should be with me tomoz then i have to weld it all up and make the braided line, what im thinking of doing is to make the union for you so as to be able to have both senders fitted and if the oil temp is way out then ill make and supply you a blanking union to fit in the hole instead. think in total its going to set me back £20 so plus postage and ill send to you once done