Heated Mirrors stopped working - AGAIN!

Naresh

Reaction score
Hi just got my car serviced today and the dealers reported that both the door mirrors were not being heated!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

I know they switch on under a certain temperature and that the previous models did not have thermostats on so burnt out very quickly. I replaced mine only last year so it is a bit strange that they should report that they aren't working! How would they test them anyway considering it hasn't been cold enough recently??

I have a multimeter but does anyone know how to use it in order to test the mirrors? Also is there a separate fuse for the heated mirrors? I know this topic was covered before but I'm confused at why mine should stop working having just replaced them!! £40 odd pound a year isn't really acceptable to keep these working!!

Thought I'd check very possibility before contemplating ordering another set!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I think you only need to replace the glass as that is what has the element which usually burns out

Exactly, but I replaced these last year and surely they must last longer than that?? Has anyone else who replaced their mirrors had any failures too?