HELP - Acceleration in S3???

god_thats_quick

Numptie of the highest order
Reaction score
Website
www.theregister.co.uk
Hi Guys,

I'm new to all of this, Had my Immola Yellow S3 (only 210BHP) for about six months, and only over the last few weeks I've started to notice, what I can only describe to be lumpy acceleration, is basically turbo lag, but at any point through acceleration????
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Before I go back to the dealer after spending £600 on the last visit for the service, I was just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems, if so was it the turbo it's self that needed replacing?

Any help would be much appritiated.

PS... These cars are ****** great, had a smile on my face sinse I picked it up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

i wish i knew the answer to this, i'm suffering the same too along with several others on here. The best advice is to get it rolling roaded and hope that the symptons occur at that exact time. The stealers wont havea clue, if their laptop does not bring up any error / fault codes they will say there is nothing wrong with it.

Post back if you have any luck

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone is interested, I'd read loads on this subject and got myself down to audi, got a new dump valve and a reconditioned MAF...

Changed the MAF yesterday afternoon, job done, my car is now accelerating better than ever more pull lower down and generally quieter, better idleing etc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Still going to change the dump valve as gear changes are still a bit of a pain sometimes and I've heard this can be the dump valve.

I was just wondering if anyone else has tried to replace the OEM dump valve, mines got crimp type jubilee clips and normal jubilee clips seem to be too big to get low enough down the connector on the top(small) pipe to make a good connection, how has everyone else sorted this problem?

Think I'm going to order the AMD Viper one as seems to be easier to make all three connections.

One last rant, has anyone else noticed that all the bits that fail on S3's are made by bosch? DV, MAF and I'm just guessing the coil packs and anything else is too!

Cheers for everyones help on this forum... saved me a fortune /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif , and now I know a lot more about my car!

attached is a pic of my car... if anyone is interested...

[ QUOTE ]
god_thats_quick said:

I was just wondering if anyone else has tried to replace the OEM dump valve, mines got crimp type jubilee clips and normal jubilee clips seem to be too big to get low enough down the connector on the top(small) pipe to make a good connection, how has everyone else sorted this problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to cut those daft crimp clips off and replace with standard jubilee clips mate.

yeah me to - just bought new jubille clips!