Quick question about Road Tax

rickparmar

Reaction score
My road tax is due at the end of the month so i was going to get a 12 months one as i dont get hit with the new price is march,

however i have heard its not happening for another year now, can someone confirm this as then i will get a 6 months one instead.

Thanks

Riks

My tax is due at the end of the month and i've just had the car fail its mot, but i'm waiting to hear what darling says in his speech later this afternoon about the car tax u turn, if he does one.

If he does and they postpone the tax rises i shall tax the car for 6 months to have a 6 month break between mot & tax next time.

So to answer your question nobody knows about the tax till the pre-budget speech today, about 3pm IIRC.

Well should be getting away with a nasty tax hike for at least until 2010......:yahoo:

Just read the actual pre budget report.

For people like me with a BAM engine and 225bhp we will be now put in the new band K (CO2 201-225g/km).

This means we will be paying the same as the 210bhp cars with 223g/km of CO2. Yippe.

Hence your road tax for this year if you haven't already paid it will be £210

Next year it will be £215

Then in 2010-2011 it will be £245

Happy days but it does not say wether we will move into the new band L post 2011. Im hoping the will keep us in band K for good and therefore avoid retrospective taxation.

For those with cars registered before 2001 your tax goes up £5 next year and then £15 in 2010-2011.

Those are the facts!

For those totally confused (like me!), check out the Parker's website. They've got it all explained pretty well plus there's a calculator for 2009 and 2010, but not as far as 2011 when anyone with a post March 2001 car with a co2 rating of 226 or more gets hit with mega tax (like me!!!)

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/road-tax/

once we are clear of the 2 years then we go back into our proper band for post march 2001 cars....£750!!! per year

£750 is a one off first year tax for new vechicles.

You will never pay this.

granted it will be £425..... just double checked...... although i wouldnt put it passed them increasing this further....

Unsure if many of you have read the budget but your 2.5% VAT drop is being paid for directly out of your pockets through your NI contributions, pension limits not increasing etc etc....and the best bit is your paying for it but the shops arent going to reduce their prices!! fantastic,,,, then the government are lending to pay for the VAT drop which they seem to have already funded via other means...so whats the lending for? .....this government are a set of idiots, making changes so that they can be seen to be making changes, to no benefit - crazy world we live in

if this goverment was working for a company they would have been sacked a long time ago but they keep giving to those who dont do owt so they are ok .............. bs

well the main aim is apparently to aid small business's, however one of the main reasons small business's are going under are because of the over taxation since labour took charge.... think it was on the news last night, joiner who is going to save £300 in VAT but be charged extra £1000pa for NI conts..... yeah groovy, bring on the trumpets...