problem with my s3 after i lowered it?

mr-scriv

Reaction score
fitted my coilovers friday and new front tyres and now ive got the traction control light stuck on ive checked the code and it came back with steering angle sensor the steering wheel is off centre when driving in a straight line how do i get the light off?

ive tired clearing the code but comes straight back on

any ideas guys

i can get the steering wheel straight if i adust the tracking just wondered if this is why the lights come on is it just a case of getting the car tracked then clearing the code?

you need to get the car tracked if you have lowered it

yeah the front suspension on the s3 i annoying when ever you do anything to it it moves th steering wheel because its all adjustable you really need a 4 wheel alignment though as you have more then likely effected the camber to, also it not good practice to just adjust the tracking if its only out because of work you have done other wise you will end up with uneven adjustmenton the rack try and align it best you can on the parts you have moved then take it for alignment

also check the auto levelling kit sensors on the front & rear axles as these have been known to snap when doing suspension upgrades, better safe than sorry.

right guys ive fully 4w tracked the car this morning tried to clear the code and its still there (steering angle sensor) im using a gendan fault code reader do i need to use vag-com to reset it ?

and does anywhere know where the sensor is ?

im lost lol

you may need to actually re-set the steering angle sensor as well as just clearing the code now as the steering angle sensor is now lost and doesnt no where straight a head is (just a thougt),
if that fails looks like you might haveto have a specialtist look at it and possibly a replacment sensor but i feel it will be ok after a full re-set and code clear

thanks for the advice kev

ive reset the sensor with vag com and its fine now

not used to these audis with all there computers