Heater help

Crashlanding

Reaction score
Hello,

Blower motor packed up, cleaned with some WD40 and it worked again for a bit now its gone, i have read that you can replace the brushes, would this fix or should i get a new one?

used are £40
New are twice the price!

Brushes are £15

Help!

it could also be the wires that feed the connector on the back, my old A3 had issues where i tied the wire back on itself to temporarily fuse the connection...which had obviously broken within the wires sheething

No it'll be the brushes as usual.
I tried the replacement brushes and found them noisey, so replaced the whole unit. Count yourself lucky, I had to spend 180 quid on mine (as it was a while back before ebay). The brushes should work fine if you are handy with a soldering iron.

No it'll be the brushes as usual.
I tried the replacement brushes and found them noisey, so replaced the whole unit. Count yourself lucky, I had to spend 180 quid on mine (as it was a while back before ebay). The brushes should work fine if you are handy with a soldering iron.

What replacement brushes did you use?

If you use these ones then they should be fine. I used these in my Passat and they're perfect - as good as OEM. (There's a way you can fit them without needing a soldering iron but you need to cut a wee bit off the end of the brush)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=190267018046