Lamin-X

danclarke

2001 Denim Blue S3 Rep
Reaction score
Has anyone fitted lamin-x to their 8L s3/a3? alot of the 8P boys are doing it and looks realy good, thinking of doing it myself as it is a cheap but affective mod!

DSC00616.jpg

DSC00626.jpg

P1020178.jpg

hope these people dont mind me using there pics but they look mint!

This black one looks the doggs... would probably look good on the 8L, reckon you'd have to do the grill surround black too...be interested to see it done, like you said.....it's a nice "cheap" mod.....

what is it i see nothing obvious either

Lamin-X is tint film for headlights. Looks pretty decent but I'd be worried about damaging the already dire light output on the S3.

Looks good. Anyone found it for the 8L?

think in time will end up being tacky

Lamin-X is tint film for headlights. Looks pretty decent but I'd be worried about damaging the already dire light output on the S3.

I think the lights on the S3 are pretty good, tho i did wonder to if the tint would make much difference to the brightness.....not worth it if it did.

i think they look quite good. think it only looks good on only certain colours though

i dont think the S3 lights are dire, they are relevant with the year in which the car was made....hell....you should have seen the lights on my 1999 1.8T....they were candles!!!

i dont think the S3 lights are dire, they are relevant with the year in which the car was made....hell....you should have seen the lights on my 1999 1.8T....they were candles!!!

Thats what i thought going from my 98 a3 to the S3...totally agree !

Wait till the heat of the headlights start to screw them up,and wait till they get stone chipped,and look rubbish!!! Not my cup of tea im afraid....

Pete...

They dont effect any light coming out the headlights. Had it on my car for the last 7weeks no problems with lights or stone chips. And if you do change your mind about it, can always remove them. Also the heat from the headlights dont effect them in anyway. They look good as you can see from some of the s3. Cheap mod aswell

Ashley

I think the lights on the S3 are pretty good, tho i did wonder to if the tint would make much difference to the brightness.....not worth it if it did.

On the black s3 the lamin-x looks good
Thats Rabbit222 s3 here the thread http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=57931&highlight=Lamin-X

Also on the blue it looks nice on jamiekip car http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=61380&highlight=Lamin-X

But looks good on red white black blue grey i think there the only car i've seen with it

I agree it does look nice on the blue one too, it's just the black one looks well mean, if that came up behind you you'd just pull out of it's way....Lol

so whos going to be first to have ago on the 8L ??
i quite like it.

i think im going to have a go next weekend, if i dont like it ill peel it off and its back to normal. ill post pics when done.

Ive got lamin-x on my 8L! got i from a group buy here in Norway.. Finally something im first out with on this forum :respekt: I can post some pics tomorrow

It looks the ****** on the Black one!!!
I've just bought some anthracite wheels for my Absolute Red 8L and I quite fancy de chroming it, might have a bash at the lights too......mind you, I'm 42 so it might all look a bit 'Chavstar'.............LOL

It looks the ****** on the Black one!!!
I've just bought some anthracite wheels for my Absolute Red 8L and I quite fancy de chroming it, might have a bash at the lights too......mind you, I'm 42 so it might all look a bit 'Chavstar'.............LOL

I reckon that will look mean as hell!!! I saw another thread recently where someone painted the lights black (well the surround) it looked pretty mean - quite a big job though as you have to take the lights appart.

What about an LCR splitter too??

I think it looks good....Get some pics up for those that have already done it....(on the 8L)

Also if someone can p-shop this on different coloured S3s that would be a great idea, we could possbly then do a group buy or something???

I think it looks good....Get some pics up for those that have already done it....(on the 8L)

Also if someone can p-shop this on different coloured S3s that would be a great idea, we could possbly then do a group buy or something???

if it looks good on noggy blue you can count me in.

Here's mine:
Bilde102.jpg

Sorry for the extremely crappy mobile pic.

The 8L has too much of a straight face to pull this off in my honest opinion, it doesnt make the car look more angry like the 8P.

Hmmmm i have literally just said to mate of mine how the *P model looks 'MEAN' with the black lights, not so sure on the 8L, maybe some more pics in different colours (of the car, not the tint) may help more...

Keem, good effort mate.

i say leave it to the 8P lads

Do you think that its better without? What about painting the inside of the headlamp.. anyone got pics of that?

personally i think its better with out, i know scott has the inside of his headlights black, but i think to make that look good you need to go for black grill and mirrors mayb even black wheels.

Okay, Im after black mirrors, and thinking about painting the ones i have..
and black 19" Sportecs are on its way :)

keem iv painted the inside of my headlightsa they look alot better imo.

Before
DSC00007.jpg

After.

22112008113.jpg
22112008119.jpg

Looks good, danclarke.. Do you have some pics from the job?