Slipping clutch?

BRENS3

Reaction score
I have just experienced the 5 hour chip trial from Revo, which felt like a good increase in power as I had a play with a TVR Chimera off a roundabout and there was nothing in it. Seems like a worth while mod and will probably go for SPS 3. Only worry is I felt a possible clutch slip in 6th gear, cruising at 3000rpm planted right foot and rpm jumped to 4000 and speedo steadily increased - has anyone else had a similar problem?

BrenS3 - first - welcome on board, always good to see another local join up.

The problem you encountered does sound like the clutch slipping. Had you just changed gear, as the clutch may not have engaged properly before you stamped on the accelerator.

How many miles has your S3 done?

I have had the same problem.
Thats correct r88per. I had just changed gear and the revs just rose steadily. Went to Audi Maidstone for a check and they quoted me approx £700 fiited all incl. Is that steep or the norm.

I've only done 27000m and have driven it carefully and not abused it that often!

Any ideas where to go should it need changing?

£700 sounds very reasonable for a Main Stealer. My local dealer wanted close to £900.

I've heard many different mileages quoted before the clutch lets go to be honest, everywhere from 5k to 60k. It all depends on driving styles etc.

the car has done 21000 not particularly hard miles and i hadn't just changed gear - i was already in 6th and just accelerated, could it have something to do with the haldex?

R88per - How much was your MTM clutch?

Sounds like you had the same problem as me. I had the revo upgrade, after about 6 months the clutch started slipping when the power applied in 5th. According to certain sources the torque on the revo is quite steep for the standard s3 clutch. In the end I took it to Kim Collins at QST who fitted an MTM cluth for considerably cheaper then my Audi dealer....and QST were very good. 6 months and 10,000 miles later, touch wood, no probs.
Roll on Le Mans,