Suggestion please

FazS3

Reaction score
Well i was wondering if you lads could give me some opinions on any cars you use for a daily run around.

I been looking into astras and polos any opinions and also if anyone can give an insight into which would be better regarding running cost and so on.

Cheers

Faz

What kind of Astra and Polo? I used to use a 1.4 TDi Skoda Fabia. Was great, did exactly what it was supposed to do. Cheap tax, cheap insurance and very cheap on fuel.

Been thinking on the same lines as you recently. an A2 TDI was one i thought of, polo tdi are nice also. Anything worth a few grand with a small engine really. Maybe a pug 1.1 or something?

Options are endless really and it's down to what your willing to put up with at the end of it all. I've had MK2 golfs with no back seats and no electrics (no heating as a result lol) as my daily runabout before now.

I'd like an A2 as it's a fairly nice car for a runabout although probably to expensive for just a runabout.

I bought myself a 106 GTi in anticipation of me selling my S3, now im not selling it I have two cars :shrug:

The GTi is great though, great on fuel and pretty nippy :racer:

Don't expect to many creature comforts though lol

why not go for a Mini One and remap it, the One is cheap on insurance and maps up to more than a cooper as its detuned as standard to drop off at 4000rpm (remap changes this characteristic).... cheap enough to buy and quality, well handling car out of the box...... Misus has one:)

well im looking at spending around 2k mark probably less.I saw a Polo PD TDI 100 for 2k in the autotrader rang and it was sold this morning! I have been looking at astras 1.4??any good?i know there tax is probably double of what the polos would be??what are the polos tdi like??reliability and cost wise?

I would personally stick to VAG if considering an astra. Build quality does tend to be quite bad.

A Polo TDI 100 would be a good buy, nippy enough too.

I know the build quality wont be as good but on the basis of prices for parts etc vauxhall prob would be better???

vauxhall astras are bombs...theres an 05 plate 1.6 at end of my road for £3500!! new shape!!.... i used to sells these in my car sales days and have a good few mates still in the industry.... stay away!!, apparently they suffer from all manner of problems

i like the polo 1.4 tdi pd,what are they like on road tax?

I bought myself a 106 GTi in anticipation of me selling my S3, now im not selling it I have two cars :shrug:

The GTi is great though, great on fuel and pretty nippy :racer:

Don't expect to many creature comforts though lol

The 106GTi's are great cars (used to have one myself) but it's becoming very hard to find a decent one without paying through the nose. They've mostly got mega mileage and have been thrashed to within an inch of their life (well mine was by the time I'd finished with it anyway! :icon_thumright:)

use a VR6 as a daily and have the other as a weekend toy:sly: im no help am i:laugh:

Go for the Polo and euro style it up....

well ive sorted a car! Just need to sell mine! dont know what to price it at though!