Exhaust systems????

S3 Marky P

Reaction score
Hi Guys I have a 2002 225bhp S3 and have been thinking about upgrading the exhaust system mainly to make it alitte louder, ive been told that mill tec do a systembut would just like to know if any one has any advise?

From what i hear the Supersprint is the better system on an S3.

Supposedly the SS use a 2.5" bore exhaust which keeps more back pressure.
The Milltek use a 3" system which not only can be a pain for fitting, but it's proven to loose power until about 5000rpm then it starts to gain.

I'll dig out the article about it & post more later.

Oh & typically the SS is the more expensive system By around £100 i believe.

Ok, Looked it up, here were the results with a miltek

RPM Power
2000 -15 BHP
2500 -20
3000 -25
3500 +8
4000 +7
5000 +7
5500 +5
6000 +5

Better than i remembered, But worth it for the money?
Not sure about that one...

i was under the impression from all the testing that was done by memebers on here that the standard S3 exhaust is good enough - ie you will not see any power coming from an aftermarket unless your running big turbo

I suppose for what little gain you do get, it's hardly worth it is it?

Cheaper going with some other company, or a custom powerflow etc...

PowerFlow are a waste of time, and a very large waste of money.

If you want to spend the money then id get SuperSprint, its the one i am saving up for as i had a whole SS system on my Golf MK2 Gti 16v (admititly not a S3) i had tried several exhaust manufacturers but they all let the back pressure go, so you get a horrible raspy noise.

I didnt notice any improvements with any of the exhausts performance but the sound from the SS exhaust was the sweetest.

Fair point regarding other systems, but the milltek seems to suit other cars better.
I had one on my S4 & it gave a slight improvement & sounded perfect!

Another i have had was an Ansa on a Clio & it sounded fine too, not a chavvy sounding pipe at all.
Apparently they were standard equipment on Ferrari at one time, so well made.
Also had a Powerflow on my S2 & again it made very little difference the noise...

I guess in the end you get what you pay for although for the money i'd expect a good note & proven gains...

I suppose for what little gain you do get, it's hardly worth it is it?

Cheaper going with some other company, or a custom powerflow etc...

thats what im trying to say S3quatt, if you check out some of the previous threads on this subject, the S3 aftermarket exhausts dont really have any benefit at all other than noise.... the S3 standard system does not seem to restrict anything unless oyur running over the KO4 at max, in which case you need to look at the manifold before the exhaust system....