proper vag com?

adz_rolls

S3XY
Reaction score
hi i just bought a cheap £13 cable and shareware version of vag com of ebay and would like to know how to get the proper version. do i just need to buy a sofware liscence from ross tech? when using some of the functions on my shareware version of vag com it says there is no response from the controller. will this be solved if i purchase the software liscence from ross tech? any help would be great, total beginner when it comes to this ****...cheers

Best to post in the vag-com section.

But yes you can just buy a licence from them to work with 409 i believe.

Not sure about no response from controller. Depends if there is actually a controler there as cars have different functions thus have different controllers. Also people sometimes have issues with cheap cables not connecting or being unreliable.

I have not had a problem

BEn

Hi there Adz...

Short answer is you need to check with Ross Tech's wiki pages on what chanels are available on what car. Variations on the Model years also need to be taken into consideration.

I'm sure if you told us what it is you were trying to achieve then someboby may be able to help.

Your avatar is an S3 if i'm not mistaken so i'll assume that you're trying to use it on that. I've the same problem at the moment and am currently doing some research on the MKI S3 VAGCOM so I might be able to put a list of functions together and maybe some how-to's!

If it's chanel 46 you wish to gain access to then don't bother as i'm told by Ross Tech that the MKI S3 does not have a chanel 46 but rather 35 - Central Locks.