Trip LCD Display (DIS) gone blank

Nigma

Yakshimash!
Reaction score
Website
www.gcp-tech.co.uk
Hi,

All of a sudden my LCD on the instrument cluster has gone blank. Strange thing is though, is that it displays the "OK" in orange when I start the car and then goes blank.

As if its just anything that is in red is blank.

When i brought the car about 4 years ago, it was slightly faded towards the edges, but this hadn't got worse over time.

Cheers,
Anand

i know it might sound stupid,but you haven't turned it off have you??

i know it might sound stupid,but you haven't turned it off have you??

Sounds like it :) There's a button on the bottom of the wiper stalk which you've probably pressed, and which turns the DIS screen on and off. Try pressing it again :)

[Embarrassed]
Lol... Yep, I managed to switch it off. I pressed the left-right switch a few times and it didn't come on, Didn't realise that it's the reset switch that needs to be pressed.

Cheers Guys.

Anand

Just thought I'd follow up. I fixed the problem by checking some fuses, they were all ok but after reseating 3 of them my screen came back. I think I reset 11 + 15 which both refered to the instrument cluster, and also reset one that covered the ECU. I don't know which one did it but I suspect it was the resetting of the ECU.

googled this post hence it being resurrected 3 years later lol my display has gone but ive tried the rest button and got nothing. has ok at top and tells me if the doors open but nothing else. anybody help?

Read my post just above. Do you know where the fuse box is? Open the driver door and pull off the panel on the side of the dash, then pull out the fuses I mentioned, wait a few secs then put them back in again. During the time I had the car this issue popped up about 3 or 4 times, easy fix though.

I am having the same issue but my car is stage 2 mapped. If I remove the fuses and resent the ECU will this cause problems to my map?

I am having the same issue but my car is stage 2 mapped. If I remove the fuses and resent the ECU will this cause problems to my map?
Same issue as the original poster? this thread has gone off on a tangent since the OP fixed his issue...

Have you tried pressing the button under the stalk?

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Asim1
Yes it was the same issue. The button on the stalk was a little stuck. After some persuasion it moved.
Cheers

Same issue as the original poster? this thread has gone off on a tangent since the OP fixed his issue...

Have you tried pressing the button under the stalk?

<tuffty/>
Lol as if I if I've seen this after you helped me with the stupid button under the stalk still embarrassed