Single din stereo

gmanwrx

wanting a s3
Reaction score
In my s3 I just have a tape player and radio and i'm wanting to put a cd player in. I have found one but its a double din unit, it looks nice and would like to buy it, do you know if this can be fitted. I'm not botherd about losing the bottom cupboard. Does anyone if this can be done?

Cheers Greg

Yes it can, but you need to source a new centre console and the climate control has to move down. Do a search as there's lots of posts about going DD or going from DD to single. Why don't you just buy a changer? DD is just a total waste of space unless you want to go with an RNS-E sat/nav/dvd unit.

Thought it would be easier to sort than wire a cd changer in the boot, or it it easier to do a changer?

You probably have the bus cable already installed, most A3's have. Check your passenger side rear cubbyhole, right at the back of the cubbyhole past the rear seatbelt reel should be a 13 pin plug clipped to the bodywork.
If it's there then all you need is the changer, either an Audi one off ebay for around £60, or a decent MP3 version with adapter for around £180. You can simply stick the changer to the top of the tupperware sub using layers of doublesided foam trim tape.