Sell the S3 and get a Golf GTI or A3 Sline?

paul_brad

Reaction score
So, sometime after Christmas I'm thinking of selling my S3, and going for either -----

3 door Golf GTI

or

3 door A3 S-Line 2.0T

DSG or not, don't know yet as haven't driven one!

What's your thoughts!
:)

Audi Sport series are imo of course far better than the VW equivalent. I'm sure i'll get shot down for saying that but it's what i think. If it were me, save the money you were going to spend in a high interest acc for a few years, wait for the next S3 or buy a new one in a year or two.

Alternatively you could just keep the S3 you have which i might add is lovely and invest the money you wish to spend on your house say?

Sound planning is the way forward, i recently purchased a 2001 S3 in ming blue with Blue Alcantara, having been out of the performance car game for a good say 7 years i've come back to owning a "nice car" again and it feels great. I took owning nice cars (believe me i've had a few this is my third S3, had M3 Evolutions and Subaru Impreza's all pretty much new cars) for granted and now i have one again i'm loving every minute of it.

I bought the best one i could afford and although it's not perfect its mine and i'm very happy with it. Makes me feel good and keeps me smiling.

You could get shot of the S3 but would you be gaining anything? Seriously gaining anything? I don't think you would but then thats the way i think!

Just my advice! :)

the DSG is ten cut's above my O1M tranny..lol..but i have not been impressed with Audi/vw DSG or TIP tranny's either [although sport mode was impressive]. However, the yanks seem to have no end of bother with them...do a search....

Never tried a dsg, quite fancy it though....call me lazy or just one for the toys not sure lol

I got a ride in a TTS with DSG recently. I didn't drive the car but as a passenger the DSG seemed pretty impressive, simply couldn't notice the gear change and seemed really smooth and very fast - although it was this trip that made me think my car was running slow (it was, around 180bhp due to bad MAF) so it would have felt fast DSG or not!

The reason I would like to 'upgrade' is simply that the S3 is now quite old! Mine is a 51reg, and I don't know whether it's just mine, but there seems to be something new cropping up every few weeks which I have to get fixed. Getting it back to 100% and then something else niggling happens, it's so annoying!

Anniversary - yeah, but too expensive.
I'd be looking at getting a 05/06 car. And the nearer to 10k the better.

I love my car, but it always makes me cry.

Mate ,

That is cars fullstop ,

not just the s3 i have had everything and a 51 plate old lol

oh well ....

The reason I would like to 'upgrade' is simply that the S3 is now quite old! Mine is a 51reg, and I don't know whether it's just mine, but there seems to be something new cropping up every few weeks which I have to get fixed. Getting it back to 100% and then something else niggling happens, it's so annoying!

Anniversary - yeah, but too expensive.
I'd be looking at getting a 05/06 car. And the nearer to 10k the better.

I love my car, but it always makes me cry.