Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

front lights gone purple!!!

After getting to work this morning, as i parked up a noticed that one of my headlights was looking a rather unusual purple colour while the other was bright white, they are zenons and i have not touched a thing!

the light is fairly brightish but just wondering if the bulb is gone, or in fact if its the ballast, any ides guys?
    S3 210bhp, facelift, black, 18" RS4's, heated electric leather recaro's, light tints, arm rest, electric sunroof.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Think this is a sign of the ballast on its way out. Usually it goes to a red colour after a while.

Although you could try the bulbs first. I found some on ebay for 24 next day delivery.

(i could be wrong though)

1st Gear

Status
    yeah its a sort of redish purple colour....how much would the ballast cost? how hard is it to change the bulb.....i know theres not a lot of room there, its the passenger side one.
    S3 210bhp, facelift, black, 18" RS4's, heated electric leather recaro's, light tints, arm rest, electric sunroof.

1st Gear

Status
    passenger side one is a little easier, you can remove the battery to get a better look at the head light to replace the bulb. If it is the ballast then thats a nightmare of a job, mine has just gone now. so front bumper off and headlight out.

cost of a ballast varies, i think www.hids4u.com have them for 120, but you can get them off ebay for cheaper. probably the 40 -50 mark.

It may be worth getting two and replacing both, you dont want to put the car back together and a week later be taking it apart to fit the other one again, like me lol
    Last edited by Crazypete00; 11th November 2008 at 08:05.