S3 performance

shah23

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Iv owned my s3 for a month or so now, my previous cars have mainly been diesals. The s3 is a very nice car overall but does not feel quick to me especially in lower revs. It feels like i have to push the car hard to make it move and can't really feel the turbo come in the lower revs like i'd feel driving diesals.
Is this the way a standard 225 s3 should drive? my brothers 225 TT seems to have more of a kick, or is this all in my head!

shouldnt really feel that much quicker in a TT...unless he has the 3.2..... yours will beast any TT (edge it)like for like as its heavier than yours with the same engine and drivetrain

at what sort of revs does the turbo come in? dont get me wrong the car is quick, but only when i really push it. Maybe im expecting it to be alot quicker than it actually is.

id have a 1 on 1 with ya brothers TT, only way to tell and set your mind at ease

at what sort of revs does the turbo come in? dont get me wrong the car is quick, but only when i really push it. Maybe im expecting it to be alot quicker than it actually is.

First off you're probably best getting your car dyno'd and VAG-Com'd to make sure it's running as well as it should be. Then get the car remapped if that's not been done already; it should give you more low-end grunt as the turbo tends to spool up slightly earlier.

As you've pointed out you've come from a desel to a petrol car and it will take some getting used to the different driving styles required. With a diesel you could rely a bit more on the torque of the engine to get you moving quickly whereas with a turbo'd petrol you need to be thinking about keeping the car on boost to make it quick.

You should really feel the turbo kicking in around 2k rpm in the right gear. Not too bad really.

The power is very linear so there isnt a kick, just solid power between 2k up until 6k.

Perhaps your brothers car is remapped.