Law on German Plates...

c_dog

Reaction score
What is the realistic law on German style plates at the moment, as I am aware a law changed recently? I understand you can get the UK road legal style plates from dubmeister, but what happens if you get pulled with proper German plates with D band and different font?

Is it still £30 fine? Or has this changed???

it is still a £30 fine,you are allowed 14 days by the dvla to change the plate NOT THE POLICE,the police WILL ISSUE you a fine everytime they see you with the plates on,and they will inform the dvla,if the dvla are informed that you are driving with the wrong plates 14 days after the original offence then you will have your number plate removed,and have to re-register your car,so it will cost you your fines plus £100 odd to get the car re-registered with some silly Q-plate,get the legal ones!!! trust me,it is all to do with terrorism apparently,as the numberplate recognition cameras are gonna save the world!!
my 2 tickets...in less than 24h's
DSC00153.jpg

Hi mate ,

unless you have the uk legal pressed plates from http://www.dubmeister.co.uk/

Then you will still get a £30 fine or maybe £60 fine ,

I have a uk legal set and they look just like german plates and better i think :)

I have the uk legal ones too. I went for the ones without any country band as i think they look better.

I think they are nice but hardlly noticible tbh. I dont really need any attention from the "filth". Ive never been pulled in 5 years of driving so want to keep it that way

Yes they do look better with out country band ,

You will be fine they are legal :)

I dont see the point in buying the illegal ones

I have the uk legal ones too. I went for the ones without any country band as i think they look better.

I think they are nice but hardlly noticible tbh. I dont really need any attention from the "filth". Ive never been pulled in 5 years of driving so want to keep it that way

@a31dle you left your address on the police notice :blush:

now we no were to come to nick your car. hehe

do all your cars have sunroofs? amazing what google earth comes up with. nice house btw :rockwoot:

@a31dle you left your address on the police notice :blush:

now we no were to come to nick your car. hehe

do all your cars have sunroofs? amazing what google earth comes up with. nice house btw :rockwoot:
lol,none of my cars have sunroofs,and my pitbull lives in the audi lol