I've just purchased....

pure

Reaction score
An ITG panel filter, N75J and new S3 OEM (N class) diverter valve....should all be here in a couple of days, can't wait to get it fitted.

ALso realised I'd been driving my car round in standard map mode, instead of apr 98 ron mode for the last month!!! I thought I'd just got used to the power...how foolish am I!

Changed my mapping from stock back to remap last night...d'oh! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Fair, how do you change the mapping, you chipped or VAG.COM?

[ QUOTE ]
jesterS3 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

APR allow you to switch between standard and chipped mode, there's noting VAG-COM will help you with.

Pure, the great thing is now that you get to enjoy the chipping feeling all over again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
[ QUOTE ]
jesterS3 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

APR allow you to switch between standard and chipped mode, there's noting VAG-COM will help you with.

Pure, the great thing is now that you get to enjoy the chipping feeling all over again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL true, I keep scarring myself again.

With regards to the other bits and pieces I have purchased, what kind of gains do u think I will get from them, I'd be well havy with 8-10bhp and 20lb of torque as Glen managed to get on his Star Performance Testing days.

The N75 certainly does give a noticable difference, but I have some issues with overrun, this is not the car going into limp, but it runing on at certain points, which hopefully some data logging will identify.

The 710N DV, as well documented, has a stronger spring than the previous versions and is far smoother than the knackered 710C and the piston type DV I've been running, so it's likely you'll feel better pickup on gearchanges.

From what i know about ITG filters they are very good, but I'd expect minimal gains in performance, but probably a nice induction note change.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif