Dump valve flutter??

Mcblow

Reaction score
Me and a mate of mine both have 1.8t's,they have both been remapped by the same place,both have split-r dv's,the difference being mine is a dbw quattro,his is a cable throttle front wheel drive,his dv makes a loud (ish) dump sound,where as mine seems to flutter???....is there a problem as i can't work out why there is such a big difference in the sound they make??:uhm:

prob becuase yours is a quattro which has a differnet turbo,and will be runing more bhp than a 2wd,correct me if im wrong lads.

it is slighty more bhp,your right there,but not alot more,and i keep getting told mine will have a ko3 by some people and a ko3s by others,because it dbw??,so if i have the same turbo and only 12-15bhp more,why the big difference in sound,don't get me wrong,i don't want mine loud,just worried incase sumats wrong!!

not sure mate.i know the quattro has 180bhp and a ko3s turbo and the 2wd has 150bhp with a ko3 turbo.so the 2wd with re-map prob has 185bhp and the quattro prob around the 225bhp i think??..prob sounds different becuase of the psi...or maybe just a leaking pipe or hose etc mate.

sounds like you might have to adjust the spring tension abit they may have set them both up the same, turn the adjuster disc on top the valve where the vacum hose joins clockwise 1 or 2 turns then try it, may need 1 more if still not right

not sure mate.i know the quattro has 180bhp and a ko3s turbo and the 2wd has 150bhp with a ko3 turbo.so the 2wd with re-map prob has 185bhp and the quattro prob around the 225bhp i think??..prob sounds different becuase of the psi...or maybe just a leaking pipe or hose etc mate.
sorry just want to check this,i have a 2000 DBW quattro,does this have a ko3s??

it's all about the engine code in adraid matey.....

give us the engine code on the front drivers side of the head and we can tell you what turbo is should have!

2000 was the changeover year....

ajq...i have read a post on here that says the ajq throttle cable has a ko3,but another post claiming the ajq dbw has ko3s???

sounds like you might have to adjust the spring tension abit they may have set them both up the same, turn the adjuster disc on top the valve where the vacum hose joins clockwise 1 or 2 turns then try it, may need 1 more if still not right
gonna try tightening tomoz