Cleaning Frenzie!

StephenBogan

Reaction score
Well after picking up a burd on Sunday (of the fethered variety) all over the wing I decided to give my brief a good cleaning but got slightly carried away! Not bits that are usually seen, but what the heck!

to add pics i think you start a new post and it gives you the option to add pictures there? think so, but new to this so dont quote me.

New post then "preview reply" button

Select the "image" button to the right of the post

Input URL

Preview page to make sure it loads then "Continue"

Woah that's dedication. I hope you cleaned the inside of your rims!

Cheers, Recomdos! Jester, after taking them off, that was the next logical thing to do, well, if you are a clean freek like me that is?!?!?

Markb, just you wait mate, once you have new suspension and big gaps in your wheels, you too may find your self lying under your car on a night!

[ QUOTE ]
ScotSTHREE said:
once you have new suspension and big gaps in your wheels, you too may find your self lying under your car on a night!

[/ QUOTE ]

Big gaps in wheel are great! cos it ALLOWS you to clean VERYTHING you can see. Everytime i clean the car i clean the whole wheel, the arch linings, brakes .etc

Rich

I thought I was bad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

HAHAHA! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'm not alone! don't do it evertime I clean the car, with my 3week old girl now in the house, I hardly have time to wash the car never mind the arches /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Both my neighbours think I'm potty, I wash mine all the time, sometimes more than once in a week. I've even washed it when snowing / raining in the dark on the drive. If its dirty it just has to be washed.
I hate it when I wash it, drive to work, drive home and its filthy again, boils my p#ss that.

The missus came back from the USA a couple of weeks ago with a suitcase full of meguiars. I still havnt given it the full monty yet though with all the products in one go. I'll need to do it soon and post up some pics.

Tell me about neighbours thinking you are mad!

I clean mine at least once a week, and spend at least 3 hours doing it.

They think I am out of my mind LOL

i'd love to wash mine maore than I do, but I'm waiting until I have a bit of cash to buy this meguiars stuff! my neighbours seem to be out walking past everytime I wash the car, and always comment...............next time I might suggest if they give me a fiva pocket money I'll do theres lol.........well it'd have to be more than a fiva!

I was washing mine last week and giving the wheels a good clean (as you do!)when my neighbour spoke to me for the first time.

After watching and talking for a bit he commented "i dont even clean my teeth that well" (cheeky [censored])

What i should has said is "it looks like youve been cleaning yours with gun powder the fukin state of them!"

But i resisted the nasty comment!!

Wonder what he will say when i clean them again tommorrow cause i /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif it!!

and the other classic one......................you can wash mine when your finished /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

I am knackered by the time I finished mine and its in showroom condition..........lazy gits! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Taffy said:

Wonder what he will say when i clean them again tommorrow cause i /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif it!!

[/ QUOTE ]

His Teeth? lol

Parked my car pretty mych straight into the garage after a good clean and dry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Think I'll take it out tomorrow to give another good clean again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

My my, what have I started!!! Good to see I'm not alone though.

Got the buff on to it on Saturday, what a result! Untill I stripped the paint off the bottom of the boot lid. Much unhappyness /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Car has no swirril though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ok don't take the [censored] but what is that "Meguiars stuff" you're all talking about?

http://www.meguiars.co.uk

Highly rated, well priced car cleaning products (wax, polish etc).

Better than turtle wax and others you find in your local halfords, but not as expensive as products like siwisol (£100's for a tub of wax)

Its the American verson of AutoGlym..........but better apparently.

Waiting to run out of AutoGlym before I buy the Meguiars stuff

Thanks
I used Turtlewax shampoo yesterday but was not impressed

Have to say this Meguiars stuff keeps popping up all the time. They do some amount of advertising too.

Gonna find it hard to break away from my usual Autoglym though the Gold label polish is fantastic! (have to leave it on for over an hour to get best results though!)

[ QUOTE ]
S3 Mike said:
Its the American verson of AutoGlym..........but better apparently.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've used Autoglym in the past and it comes nowhere near Meguair's. I'm really impressed and it's not just because I have used their products the once. I have just received my third order from them in 10 months.

How long do you people leave the Meguair's gold class wax on the car for after you have applied it?

I was just wondering how long for the best results/shine...at the minute I buff it off after a couple on minutes..

How long do you people leave the Meguair's gold class wax on the car for after you have applied it?

I was just wondering how long for the best results/shine...at the minute I buff it off after a couple of minutes..