Help needed for new Audi S3 8L owner.

Mr.G

Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm new here so hi first of all! :)

Secondly i'm in need of some advice from you guys. Great forum by the way.

I wanted to make my S3's alarm beep and enable anti-hijack. I have access to VAG COM and wanted to know what i would need to do. The first VAG COM i've tried to use with the car and it works but i can't access Central Comfort for some reason, it justs says no response from controller.

I've yet to try the second one, that is an actual Audi Main dealer type, little computer rather than a cable and software.

I was wondering if anyone else had this issue or can point me in the right direction for enabling these features. I've scoured the internet to no avail so thought i'd try more knowlegeable people on this forum.

Is it also true that the instrument clusters can be set to move from off position to full position upon turning on the ignition. Kinda like a bugatti veyron does???

Any help for me on this would be really really apreciated, i'm stuck. My car is a 2001 - X plate Facelift model.

Thanks in advance.

Mr.G

Not too sure about setting the beep and anti hijack, but i know it can be done off vagcom, as ive had it done, also afaik you cant do the needle thing, you can do a cluster test that checks all the dials and pixels on the display.

Theres a vagcom sticky on the forum, so it might be worth PM'ing one of them to see if they can help you out.

Cheers
Nilz

I've got the same problem with setting the alarm beep and anti-hijack; VAG-Com tells me it can't communicate with the convenience unit. It's been suggested that maybe it's my cheap eBay cable?

Hey thanks for the replies lads. Makes me feel a bit better that i know that VagCom will allow me to enable these features on the car.

The instrument check what does that look like exactly?

Thanks

Mr.G

Tried another VAGCOM with my car only to find it still wont communicate with channel 46.

I don't get it? How have others managed to do this with the same model and year of car if i cant?

Mr.g

I'm about to Email Ross Tech about VAGCOM and why it wont work with our version of it.

I'll let you know how i get on!

G

Had a reply from Technical Support on this and i'm told that the 2001 Model S3 does not have central convenience. Instead it has a chanel 35 which is central locks. I'll be trying this as soon as possible and will post my results.

Thanks

*Update*

Anyone requiring thier alarm to beep on lock needs to add the value of 1024 to the value read by Vagcom under chanel 35 - Central Locks.

I've had the anti Hijack done as well but was not present when it was done so am unsure of the value you need to add. I will find this out and post it up for all.

Hope this helps people.

G

Thanks for all the info Mr. G and abdus..thanks to you two I now have my beep and anti-hijack enabled :thumbsup:

Glad i could help. Was so frustrated with it cause i asked questions which nobody knew answers to or were reluctant to help. It's nice now as i'll ask for the info to be added into FAQ! :)