300 bhp?

T80RNY

Reaction score
Right, how easy is it to get 300bhp from an S3?

I have had it remapped by revo but other than that it is standard.

Exhaust? Induction? what else?

Many thanks

Alex

you could squeeze it out on your current turbo but it won't be nice or reliable.
get a GT28rs kit and a decent map

you could squeeze it out on your current turbo but it won't be nice or reliable.
get a GT28rs kit and a decent map

300BHP isn't possible with the standard turbo from reading posts on this forum for the last 7 years or so.... a Hybrid JBS05 turbo and equal length manifold is suppose to be around the 300bhp mark using standard injectors? Have a look in the JBS forum at the bottom of the forum index listing, there's more info in there. Going big turbo like the IHI and GT28RS is well over 300bhp and lots of £££, plus you would need uprated brakes and suspension to handle the power also, there's a few threads on big turbo's from HTC and JimS3(?) that maybe you should have a look at.

cant honestly see the point in paying £2k+ to get 300bhp myself..... the cars are depreciating but the kits to upgrade them aren't..... sods law

I can think of a number of Mk2 golf owners running 300bhp with 1.8t KO4 stock systems they have dropped in (stock block, stock turbo, new DP, injectors etc) running DTA, emerald, Qpeng, or similar. One was running 1.6 bar, 270bhp at the wheels

it runs 225 as standard at stupidly low boost, its only 75bhp away from the target.
anything is possible...its just not worth it in my opinion. poor power delivery and torque curve and a turbo failure waiting to happen.

What can you expect from a stage 1 remap and 100 cell cats? (does that become stage 2?)

What can you expect from a stage 1 remap and 100 cell cats? (does that become stage 2?)

The cats are meant to be a waste of money.....I've had a stage 2 remap at jabba which is the custom map...stage 1 is generic, stage 2 custom !

Think it can depend where you go as to what is classed as a stage 2....