Tuning... my options

S3 Paul

Reaction score
Hi.
Im sure this topic has been touched upon a number of times... but here goes

Im looking to get a bit more power from my car... i would like it to be able to run near 380 to 400 bhp.
Im looking at either a bigger turbo and increase to 1.9 with rods and pistons . Or the same rebuild ( but 1.8) keep the hybrid ko4 and fit nitrous for weekend fun?
Ive run nitrous before on my golf and had alot of fun with it but thats a stripped out fun car, not a comfy daily drive...

Your views please people...

dont no but if you do go big turbo i would jump at the jbs hybrid if goes on the market, pm if you wona sell up cheers

If you're planning to change the rods and expand the displacement, i would be aiming at 450-500bhp. Cus you always want more, and a project like that would stop your appetite for a while :)

I would be looking to make a real 400 or there abouts but try to keep it driveable day to day.
This is why i thought of the gas plan but... i dont want to just spoil things and blow it up every weekend

I know from the 400+ s3's here in Norway, that if you want to go above the "gt28rs" you need a standalone engine management system, like Nira for example. The original management system will work against you, with all kind of sensors etc.

why standalone for Gt2871 and above?

plenty of tuners running 630cc file ECU maps on GT2871/30

just look at vwvortex
unicode
Tapp auto

just get a new ECU delivered with the map already on it.
It is MAF driven so adapts to flow not boost.