After market Alarms...

S3 Paul

Reaction score
Im looking to get an after market alarm fitted to my car... Ive heard that some will work with the AUDI set up already on the car rather than replacing it... Has anybody had a Clifford or toad or somethingelse fitted?
Ive got a car with a cliford already fitted and to be honest the black jacks feature drives me mad !

20 ODD PEOPLE LOOK AT THE POST BUT NOBODY HELPS... NICE ONE PEEPS :applaus:

You have shamed me in to replying.... I just have the Standard one that came with the motor.

Sorry mate. I am no use to ya.

I have a Sigma Cat1 with code hopping & keypad override. You'll have another blipper with any decent alarm, but it'll integrate with the central locking and provide full closure with just a blip rather than the pointless holding the button down milarcky.

waste of money if they want to do anything they will no matter what alarm u have

Realy?
So... you dont bother locking yours then? because "If they want to do anything they will"
Im having a few problems with jelous local wasters who know messing with my car is they only way they can hurt me.
So i want to try and make it as secure as i can.. so atleast if (god forbid) something happens i know i did all i could

This probably sounds silly...

I have a A3 1.8 Sport, has factory alarm fitted.... trouble is.

I've never heard it go off before.

Besides flashing lights etc, its supposed to go off when?? How loud can it be?

Like a clock radio alarm but with a pillow over it. Worse than useless, aftermarket is the way to go.

i had a Toad AI606 on my 1st A3, wish i never bothered with it. was a faf on using one fod too open the car, then using the audi fob for the key. only reason i got it was my girlfriend moved too a bad area for uni and when i was there i wanted a little bit of extra scurity. But upon arrival of her student accomindation i found a Police station down the street so i just parked it out side there haha

How sensitive is the alarm? is there a way to test it?

Even if my alarm went off, I wouldnt be able to do anything about it til after work.

Although I make sure I walked past my car every day just to check on it.

If there is a way to test the alarm going off without actually breaking in :p

Would like to know. However the after market alarm is not really an option for me due to the answer above :)

However... am looking to buy a house soon, so it will be parked safely inside the garage :)

I tested mine by locking the doors with a slight gap of the window open then waiting for the lights to show that its armed (takes about 30 Seconds). Then waving a long stick like object through the gap to make it go off.

:uhm: Or just sit in the car and press the lock button?

I've done it by accident enough times...

Cheers,

"was a faf on using one fob to open the car, then using the audi fob for the key"
Yes I'm always getting confused with the 2 fobs, not really worth it just to protect your car.

so the moral of the story is just get a **** audi one .

hey mate i had a clifford 950 alarm on my s3, never had a problem. The guy who fitted mine has also done a few more on here after i recommended him to a few people. Very good and cheap. He did bullcrushers alarm so you can ask him if you want a second opinion. But yea he can make the clifford work fine with the standard alarm unit! his website - http://www.incar-science.com/enter.html his names john tell him ed sent you!! that is if you not to far away!

Im looking to get an after market alarm fitted to my car... Ive heard that some will work with the AUDI set up already on the car rather than replacing it... Has anybody had a Clifford or toad or somethingelse fitted?
Ive got a car with a cliford already fitted and to be honest the black jacks feature drives me mad !

How cheap ?

hey mate i had a clifford 950 alarm on my s3, never had a problem. The guy who fitted mine has also done a few more on here after i recommended him to a few people. Very good and cheap. He did bullcrushers alarm so you can ask him if you want a second opinion. But yea he can make the clifford work fine with the standard alarm unit! his website - http://www.incar-science.com/enter.html his names john tell him ed sent you!! that is if you not to far away!

ive got a Clifford G5 IntelliGuard 950. cost me £399 and money well spent i think. as for the standard alarm. audi should be ashamed of fitting it. its a complete pill of poo.

I tested mine by locking the doors with a slight gap of the window open then waiting for the lights to show that its armed (takes about 30 Seconds). Then waving a long stick like object through the gap to make it go off.

Will I get weird looks from passers by?

Yes :p

Will give it a go on saturday as well then.... a long stick like object... perhaps grab Kate moss? haha