Bushes in which order

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
Just contemplating changing my bushes...i know theres plenty of threads on this - most are specific to certain fitments/issues.

What i would like advice on is which to change first in level of importance...and which i will be able to change myself as a DIY enthusiast:jump:

The last time i had some changed i ended up buying the whole front arms for my previous 1.8T which then required tracking as they were wey out.... obvious reasons

Only thing im noticing currently is occasionally when going over speed bumps, i get a muffled sound from the front when going up the speed ramp and same noise when going down the ramp.... the ramp is approx 3 metres in length in case you were wondering.....oooh and couple times ive had a couple of hard knocking noises from the rear when pulling out of the junction whilst turning 90 degrees to the right, worrying at the time but only happend twice so not majorely bothered yet

thanks in advance

Tim

You can change all of them yourself and if doing it yourself then do exactly that as the work involved is not much more and you'll then have nothing to worry about for ages. Be wary of the really cheap kits from Germany on ebay though as they're pretty poor. Go for the Meyle kit which is about £250, not the cheaper ones at £130. You'll need the tracking redone but that's only £20 or so.

If there is one piece of rubber you should change it should be the 2 dog bone mounts very easy to fit and makes a hugh difference.:blackrs4:

cheers Andy, ive heard the powerflex type are too hard?

Harry i gather those are the rear dog bone jobbies?

i went onto vagparts and clicked onto the diagrams.... assuming that the dog bones are the rear jobbies

simple enough to change Abdus? it looks like a jack up the car then the engine type job?

that guide is excellent, cheers abs...... any suggestions on brands, im not going to be doing much to the handling of the car..... will the OEM be a good bet or are there longer lasting alternatives that wont rattle my teeth out

there a post somewhere I read on vwvortex iirc (or maybe ukmkivs)where the guy used one of each side of the bushes (aftermarket and oem). He said it was better since it considerably reduced vibrations. Some who bought PF said that the vibrations decreased after 3-4k miles when the bushes bed in.