EM TuningChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

Diagnosing a remapped S3?

As above, I would like to know how to diagnose whether my S3 has been remapped.

I've had it just over a month now, and would like to know if it has been remapped, as I am considering it in the near future if it hasn't been done.

As it's my first S3 and Turbo car, it drives very nicely and power is almost instant, but then somtetimes feels as though it faltspots everso everso slightly, and then more power is delivered.

Is this a common sympton of anything? Is it a previous poor remap? Just looking to find out where's good to have it checked on a computer. Dealer?

Thanks for any help
    Audi S3 2001 AMK, Milltek Cat-Back Exhaust, 18" TT Wheels, Black Leather Recaro, x1 Very Happy Driver

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Dan, I noticed you have a Milltek Cat-Back Exhaust fitted to your car, not many people have this exhaust and keeps the power as standard mate, the exhaust is pretty expensive and similar to the price of a remap, but without the 35-40bhp power gain, si it's a no brainer what to have first on your car if you get me.
    Flatspots can just be a sensor problem like a faulty MAF(Airflow) sensor, so a diagnostic check might be your first port of call to see if anything has been logged.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Neutral

Status
    Hello.

Best way to tell is the ecu has been remap is to log the spec-map using vagcom.

flat spots could be a poor map, coil packs, plugs, N249, the list will get longer....

You first port of call should be a VAGCOM lead so you can check your own faults, and log data to help you find out what is causing the flat spot. I am sure there are 100% of members here who will have a look at the data logs for you.

leads start from around 20 on ebay, then to http://www.ross-tech.com/ for the software. not a bad deal.. when you think the dealer will charge 50+ each time to plug in to your car.

Nick

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks guys

The exhaust was on the car when I bought it, but I shall only be spending money on a remap really. The exhaust is nice and all that, but I wouldn't have paid said amount on that if it wasn't on the car.

Will look into getting a diagnostic check run on her so that I can see if there's any underlying issues that might be hindering the performance.

Cheers
    Audi S3 2001 AMK, Milltek Cat-Back Exhaust, 18" TT Wheels, Black Leather Recaro, x1 Very Happy Driver