S3 front and lower strut brace on a T Sport?

Markb

Reaction score
As subject has this been done?

If so how much are the braces? and has anyone got the part nos?

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Oh I've found the part nos for the lower one:

8N0 199 403B Brace
N 104 679 01 Bolt x 2
N 909 147 01 Insert Nut x 2

Just need to know whether they fit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
S3 Mike said:
I thought the S3 only had an top strut brace?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Someone I know with a Skoda Oct RS said he's got the lower one off an S3 on his, and gave me those part nos.

I'm looking in to it now, but maybe it was only on a specific suspension setup?? Votex maybe??

Anyway, below is a pic of the lower tie bar on a Skoda, compliments of "ncarring" at Briskoda.net /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

fitment.jpg

Oh and according to his post, your part numbers are right, but he also ordered the washers.

8N0 199 403B Brace
N 104 679 01 Bolt x 2
N 904 773 01 Washer x 2 (but see above)
N 909 147 01 Insert Nut x 2

I think it does, but there's prolly a bit of flex at the extremes, which this brace would help against /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I wouldn't say that it's NEEDED, but I keep hearing references to 3-sides of a square, and the lower bar is the 4th. And really, for 20 minutes and a few $$ it can't hurt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I'll be ordering mine on Monday for pickup around next Friday, so if you want to wait..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Oh, and I just read that Dude ordered the washers, but they were the wrong size, so he didn't use them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I always thought tie-bars where the small uplinks that attached the roll bar to the suspension?

Mark

Before you all go out and do this just keep in mind that the A3/S3 are built to understeer and by tightening up the front end you may increase the understeer, where as tightening up the rear will attempt to get the rear end to step out instead.

Just food for thought. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Well, I used the WRONG ones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif M10 X 35 IIRC /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif But if you can wait till after Monday, I plan on redoing the mounting again, but with M8 X 25 bolts, and the dome capped nuts in order to give it a better look /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Part numbers..... you'll have to give me till tomorrow when I'll have a bit more time to search /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
Well, I used the WRONG ones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif M10 X 35 IIRC /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif But if you can wait till after Monday, I plan on redoing the mounting again, but with M8 X 25 bolts, and the dome capped nuts in order to give it a better look /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Part numbers..... you'll have to give me till tomorrow when I'll have a bit more time to search /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers for that mate.

I could do with them as I am going to ring Audi and get them orders so I can pick them up at the weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif