A3 cloth vrs A3 leather HELP NEEDED

ruairi83

Reaction score
OK,

My 97 A3 TDI has cloth interior and no armrest.

Been to breakers this morning and was offered a 2002 leather interior with armrest, seats, door gaurd etc fitted for £300.

The seats are wet as the car has been sitting in the ran with broken window but with a good treatment and clena they will be a1.

Is this a good deal and is it a straight swap.

Any other info greatly appreciated.

Ruairi

Not sure really mate.

I got my S3 Recaros for 360 posted though. Dorr cards center consol the lot.

Jason

all that and fitted? seems like a good deal i think

apart from wet, what condition are the seats?

all that and fitted? seems like a good deal tbh

apart from wet, what condition are the seats?

the seats are in good condition. the front window, and sides are smashed so the rain has left puddles on the seats but if i got them in my car i could get them dryed out and a good autogleam treatment would get the like new...

im in two minds as i always wanted leather but as im in northern ireland no one on ebay will post even when i offer to collect.

but considering the hassel of door cards and seat being done for me £300 doesnt seem to bad...

As long as the seats clean up, I think that is a good price. They will be the later recaro style seats (anyone know if they are actually recaro?) as found in the MK4 golf too.
[flame suit on]Much nicer than the electric S3 recaros[/flame suit off].

Going to call down at the weekend and check them out fully mate in every detail to make sure no marks etc...

That is a good deal from a breakers. Full leather interiors go for between £300-£400 on ebay. Recaro's are a lot more. You can also sell the cloth interior and get some money back, I got £100 for my B6 cloth.

Are you referring to a smashed S3 based in North London?

Black leather with blue?

Are they S3 Recaros, or the A3 manually adjustable leather seats? If it's the S3 Recaros, make sure all the electrics work before handing over cash. Water + electrics don't make a good sum...

Cheers,

Are they S3 Recaros, or the A3 manually adjustable leather seats? If it's the S3 Recaros, make sure all the electrics work before handing over cash. Water + electrics don't make a good sum...

Cheers,

These are a3 leather seat i cannot see them being recaros. But i wont be giving a penny until they are fitted and working fine...