17" Avus wheels on a lowered S3???

leshkin

Hold my beer...
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Howdy,

Does anyone have a pic of a lowered S3 with standard alloys on please? I just got myself some Blistein shocks with H&R (-25mm) springs this weekend and wanted to know if I need some wheel spacers, and to get an idea of how it might look.

I tried looking through the sticky pics post here, but gave up on 15th page or something :wacko:

Any suggestions? Thanks!

It will look good lowered and better with spacers, the 17s or any wheels do need pushing out towards the arch lips as the negative camber from lowering makes them look like they are sitting even further in.

the standard wheels painted Gun metal on silver S3's do look awesome!

Imagine how amazing it would look on gun metal 18'' S4s!

Here is H&R springs with original wheels.

Thanks TeemuM, just what I was looking for! I'm planning to get the wheels resprayed in the same way as they need repairing anyway. That looks awesome though.

You don't have spacers on your do you? Anyone know the size I should go for, if I get spacers?

That was my previous S3, so I don´t actually remember if I had spacers. I need to use 10mm spacers in front to get clearance with my summer wheels (18" BBS CH) and porsche calipers but I don´t remember if I need those with original wheels.

Here´s another pic with those winter wheels.

s3_winter.jpg

Thanks Joe, yours looks like it's without spacers, is that right? Ideally, I'd like to push the rears out a little more as it looks like the arches are 'eating' the wheels.

After re-reading Ess-Three's post on suspension for the 20th time I'm considering 10mm spacers at the front and 15mm at the back, which should be a sensible thing to do I guess.

Thanks everyone for helping, will post a pic when it's ready :)