Volks AutosSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

Low profile tyre pressure

I just did my weekly maintenance on the S3, and the tyres were sitting at completely varied pressures after being in the Audi garage, no one pressure was the same. I remedied them back to the standard 2.1 bar but now the car feels as if it drifts too easily on the road from wind, camber, etc.

I have a set of Goodyear F1's on my S3, so was just wondering if the pressure would be the same for the low profiles??

This is the first time I've noticed the tendancy to wander, and I'm putting it down to the tyre pressure.

I recently had the steering rack replaced but it doesn't feel as if thats the problem.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers,

Odie.

2. # ADS
    ADS

thats me

Status
    on 19`s I run 34 front 36 rear less pressure makes it feel heavier and more tends to make it feel light ans drifty imo
    red to red black to black blue to bits

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah, thats exactly what I'm experiencing. I don't like it being too light but not sure if I should drop the pressure incase I end up causing uneven wear. I might keep it like this for a while and drop it if I don't get used to it. High winds at the moment don't help matters so I can't play about with things until the weather calms down.

s3 tys

Status
    If ya runnin on 18" wheels i would say 34psi in the front and 38psi in the rear makes such a difference not as much understeer on the frront i found and is wat a lot of people run on with 18s

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    i thnik it's a matter of trial and error until you find the pressures that suit your driving
    ^^ In my opinion