Backdraft rolling road

PhhwwoooorKIN' ELL. That is why im getting an S3 next year. :rock:

crap....mine wont let it load....comes up with quicktime symbol and Q mark through it

looking good, it should be after all the troubles you had getting it right!

What was the magic figure then?

Don't mean to be mean, but it doesn't sound all that to me. It's a 1.8T, not possible. You need NA on throttle bodies or another 2 cylinders at least for it to sound really nice. My opinion or course.

doesn't sound great, but 20vt's never do, it's a dull engine really, although the power potential is great, making is an excellent choice for many.

Personally, I love the siamesed ports of an A-series, with a webber 45DCOE and a straight cut box.

now THAT's an awesome sound!

It made 327 bhp on the day.

Though the rolling road session was done before Revo finished the final map. (They hadn't mapped the fuelling yet).

But no idea what its running now with a complete map, and boost leak sorted.

Cheers,
Glen

What was the whp? thats the only thing that interesting :)

Should make a bit more than 327 on a gt28rs I would have thought. As long as it feels good on the road thats the important thing.

I agree, Forget figures. It just nees to feel good to you!

Figures are a PITA anyway...

The ever-debatable Haldex transmission losses being a great one to give them the 'pinch of salt' factor (good call keem).

glen_jai - Can't see in the vid, was there a nice monsterous fan feeding your FMIC? Any idea of charge temp on the run?

Looks good though :)

Regards,

Rob.

Figures are a PITA anyway...

The ever-debatable Haldex transmission losses being a great one to give them the 'pinch of salt' factor (good call keem).

glen_jai - Can't see in the vid, was there a nice monsterous fan feeding your FMIC? Any idea of charge temp on the run?

Looks good though :)

Regards,

Rob.

Thanks man.

Yes, they were having problems with trying get any sort of decent graph, because of the haldex switching power between front and back.
Personally I would take all roller figures with a pinch of salt, though I've read that Maha rollers were meant to be one of the more pessimistic type.
The figure is pretty irrelevant now too, because the map was changed dramatically after the rolling road session.

This Maha roller was not BackDraft's own. It belongs to an independant tuner of Japanese cars near by.

Oooh yes. Definitely a fan blowing on the front mount.

I would be able to answer all the questions relating to whp, torque, and ambient temps, but I've carelessly lost the dyno print out.. .:shrug: