ECU

Mickeybhoy67

Reaction score
Hi All

Has anyone used a company called Lynx Automotive.

I have recently took my car to my garage cause the car doesn't start properly. Basically have to keep my foot on accelerator for a few mins until idle catches then after that car runs completely fine. I have had this problem for nearly a year.

My garage ran a number of tests and found a fault with the ecu. The fault was that voltage to my throttle body was only 7.7volts when it should be in he region of 12volts.

My ecu was under warranty with Lynx Automotive so I sent to them. They have came back and advised that the ecu is ******. According to them the chip relating to the throttle actuator was blown and has splattered all over the circuit board. They are refusing to provide me with a replacement as they say fault caused by my throttle actuator therefore warranty is not valid.

Can anyone advise if what Lynx Automotive say is possible cause I find it very hard to believe that a chip splatter all over a circuit board. I would of thought that it would just blow and that would be the end of the chip therefore a simply replacement would solve it.

Does anyone know how much an ecu from Audi would cost? My car is a A3 Sport '98