JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Cruise Control / Sat Nav S3 retrofit

Hi Guys,

I was just wanting to know if you lot know any good places in Scotland or Cumbria (Aberdeen or Inverness preferably) where I could get an OEM cruise control and/or a SAT NAV OEM both for the 2002 S3 fitted and programmed?

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Odie

2. # ADS
    ADS

va va voom

Status
    you can retro fit sat nav your self, do you have double din or single din
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L
    2005 Audi A3 1.6 sport grey with climate control
    2003 Audi A3 1.6 sport black without climate contol

1st Gear

Status
    No idea. Not really savvy with the systems and I don't have my handbooks to hand for another couple of weeks so I can't check! Is there anyway I can tell just by looking at the unit thats inplace just now?

If I remember correctly it's a Symphony V2 in it with the in-dash 6 CD-Changer.

va va voom

Status
    you have double din then

so its a case of putting a sat nav system in, coding and connecting up a speed signal wire, i would like to help but i havent finished mine yet as my vagcom broke
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rickparmar View Post
    you have double din then

so its a case of putting a sat nav system in, coding and connecting up a speed signal wire, i would like to help but i havent finished mine yet as my vagcom broke

Thanks mate! I have no experience with VAG-COM although in the next few months was thinking of getting it! The price tag puts me off! I've seen some Sat Nav units on E-Bay but not sure whether it's a good idea to buy them off there?

va va voom

Status
    Most people buy theres from ebay, i got mine from the bay and it was shipped from another country,

you need to decide what unit you want - RNS-E but a4, or a6 unit, you will need to modyfy the unit to make it fit, and you need to know what version you want, version Q is the latest i think, i have a older unit and it works ok but havent tested the sat nav stuff out properly yet as i cant sort it out

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rickparmar View Post
    Most people buy theres from ebay, i got mine from the bay and it was shipped from another country,

you need to decide what unit you want - RNS-E but a4, or a6 unit, you will need to modyfy the unit to make it fit, and you need to know what version you want, version Q is the latest i think, i have a older unit and it works ok but havent tested the sat nav stuff out properly yet as i cant sort it out
    i would like to put the rns-e unit in my s3 is there much mods to do to the unit?and is the wiring just plug and play?

1st Gear

Status
    hi odie,
    i know somebody in lancashire who will do it for 175.00 all in. very good at what he does: perhaps he can arrange to do something for you if he's working your end sometime. pm me if ur interested.

best regards,

danny
    Audi A3 8L 1.8T Quattro 180 in black. Totally standard: for now...